Bad Matchmaking Thread

I've posted here about a couple match ids already, but I want to talk generally about the matchmaking system as well.

In my games trying out Warden (21 so far), I've gotten him every single time I queued for him. This is because I have only him at purple priority and I guess he's just not that popular of a hero right now. This tells me that the system puts priority level above all other considerations when creating matches and will only break from your priority choices when too many other players have the same high priority hero(es).

I think this is a design mistake for two reasons:
1. The system should be balancing your preferences against its abilities to make good matches. If it has a choice between a rotten match with your top preference and a good match with your lower preferences, I would actually want the good match over my top hero preference. Obviously it should still adhere to preferences in some way, so perhaps it could have some minimum ratio i.e. you'll get at least 50% of games with your preferred heroes or something. If the system was even just a little more flexible about how it uses hero priority it could probably create way more decent matches using per-hero MMR.
2. If people one-trick all the time, the system will have very little information about how well the one-trickers can play their other heroes. Giving players less-preferred heroes just a little more often would help the system calibrate.

Match ID: 2102226

image.png
Screenshot 2024-10-07 200528.png
You cant make this shit up. A complete stomp by 50k souls, all our walkers and guardians cleaned 20 mins in, and our base took less than 5. We only managed to take down one enemy Guardian. Not to mention their Bebop was blatantly cheating, they had been able to grapple continuously without cool-down the entire game and with insane reach -- I died to them 3 times before 2 mins into the game.

All 10 games I've played today (outside of bot matches) and over the last few days have been impossible to play on. I will not be playing Deadlock further until this bullshit matchmaking system is fixed. Fix the damn game, please.

1728347910954.png21026573

20k soul difference at 16 minutes, only one in my team to have positive K/D until the very end. Match was unfun, 28 minutes to completion. 40k diff at the end.

Match: 21028570 - MASSIVE skill+ gap issue with Infernus and Pocket. They had ZERO business being in that match. Absolutely miserable game from the start.

Match ID: 21030059 - Laning against Vindicta felt very oppressing, the Lash and Ivy also started to get ahead and were really hard to deal with.
Screenshot (29).png

54 - 6 in 22 minutes, other team seemed to be in their very first games as they did not know basic mechanics like hitting troopers

21040924 - Ultra stomped - 50k soul lead at 24 minutes

21045386 - While it wasn't a stomp necessary, it just felt like a bad match overall. Constant feeding from the ally team making the game unwinnable and enemy fed Haze making games unrecoverable

Last edited:
21041864 - Lost my guardian early on because it seemed the minions of the other team were spawning faster then I could kill them. The same seemed to happen with all the other lanes and the game ended with 3 of the other teams walkers still up. I have about 200 hours in the game now, but that doesn't mean I can carry an entire team.
21041864.jpg

Back