[Invite] [Family Share] Users in Family Share beta are marked as "Already Joined" despite not receiving an invite email

looks like they are trying to solve the problem.
The problem isn't solved for me.
We are in the Steam families beta and my brother didn't receive my invite and because I sent an invite to him I cant send another invite to him (He never launched the game).
For my sister, she played the game using family library and because of this she is in the "already joined" list and I can't send an invite to her.

The problem isn't solved for me.
We are in the Steam families beta and my brother didn't receive my invite and because I sent an invite to him I cant send another invite to him (He never launched the game).
For my sister, she played the game using family library and because of this she is in the "already joined" list and I can't send an invite to her.
Just now it got fixed for my sister (It didn't show up as play from family library and we could play the game at the same time) and I am going to try to send another invite to my brother from my friends account.

Guys the issue is fixed be patient, for me it said in game that I had access but I didn’t have my own copy of the game and it said I have it though family share , well I just randomly checked my steam games and deadlock has been added too my account , anyone having this issue should have the game added too there account, I don’t know if you will get an email or steam notification , for me it was just added too my account

I don't know if the issue is fixed for everyone. I sent an invite to someone under my family share, and they both haven't gotten an invite and still access the game through my family share despite the game now being excluded. I'm not sure if there is a fix.

Guys the issue is fixed be patient, for me it said in game that I had access but I didn’t have my own copy of the game and it said I have it though family share , well I just randomly checked my steam games and deadlock has been added too my account , anyone having this issue should have the game added too there account, I don’t know if you will get an email or steam notification , for me it was just added too my account
i too randomly got deadlock added to my account

I am having the same issue with my wife, she launched the game via family sharing and she can no longer be sent invites because it shows her as already joined. Hopefully it's possible for a dev to send her an invite directly so she can add it to her account and we can play together.

Her profile:

Update: The game is now added to my personal library and I am able to play it alongside the family sharer!

1725197301575.png
Figure 1. Deadlock in Store Page

Deadlock is already in my Steam Library as opposed to the borrowed games where it only shows a review box
1725198238380.png
Figure 2. Deadlock in Library view

Library page does not show: "From the library of [family sharer]"
image_2024-09-01_215155195.png
Figure 3. A game borrowed from a family sharer's account

It shows that the game is borrowed from a player's library.

Re: Initial complaint-- FIXED
I would also like to reconfirm this anecdote as it also happened to me with the following parameters:
  1. The invitation does not arrive if the person who gave the invite was part of the family share regardless of whether the game was installed, launched, or played.
  2. If the game was launched (even if not in queue) it will lock the account for invitations to playtest since it will already state that the account had "Already joined".
  3. If the game was not launched, and another party that isn't part of the family share invites the account, they will receive the invite. HOWEVER, it is important to remember that in order to play the game they should be delisted from family share. Without doing so will make them "borrow" the game from the family sharer's account.
To note further, I am able to play (and in conjunction, join forums and the official discord) so long as the family sharer does not play the game.
Edits: formatting
Edit2: finally tested the game

Last edited:
Hello, I would also like to join in.

I would also like to reconfirm this anecdote as it also happened to me with the following parameters:
  1. The invitation does not arrive if the person who gave the invite was part of the family share regardless of whether the game was installed, launched, or played.
  2. If the game was launched (even if not in queue) it will lock the account for invitations to playtest since it will already state that the account had "Already joined".
  3. If the game was not launched, and another party that isn't part of the family share invites the account, they will receive the invite. HOWEVER, it is important to remember that in order to play the game they should be delisted from family share. Without doing so will make them "borrow" the game from the family sharer's account.
To note further, I am able to play (and in conjunction, join forums and the official discord) so long as the family sharer does not play the game. If there is a manual sending of invites, I would also like to throw my hat in:

[edit 1: added my account link]
[edit 2: added new information for #3 parameter]

#3 is not true, My wife never launched deadlock through family share, I delisted my wife from family share and had a mutual friend invite her and she still didn't receive an invite. I see that you've had your issue resolved though, congrats!!

My wife still doesn't have access, her steam profile is here if codes are being sent manually, we've been trying since the 27th.

#3 is not true, My wife never launched deadlock through family share, I delisted my wife from family share and had a mutual friend invite her and she still didn't receive an invite. I see that you've had your issue resolved though, congrats!!
Thank you, I hope other users can try to work it out. All the best with you and your wife, happy gaming!

Been following this thread for a while now hoping this issue will be resolved for everyone affected.

Unfortunately, two of my friends still do not have access to the game and are still under the "Invited" section. We have all family shared with each other. I was the first to receive the game to then invite them, but it seems they still haven't received anything even after the fixes mentioned by Yoshi.

Other friends I've invited have all received their invites (I have not family shared with these friends).

Just in case codes are being sent out manually, here are their Steam profiles:

Hey gang!

Also facing a similar issue with the steam fam issue and having a lot in common with the post above me; had invited some friends via the in-game invite while they were still attached to my fam share, came upon this thread and realized that it might be the reason they're bugging out and decided to de-list them but unfortunately still running into the same situation where they are not seeing any invites being sent to their email

Also a rare occurrence and rather unfortunate situation where both a friend and I got sent the play test invites but due to him being in my fam share at the time and me launching the game first he is currently stuck in having to "borrow" the game, with note* delisting said friend had removed the game altogether from his account.

Likewise if any codes or the game being added manually here are their profiles:

Hopefully all this could be worked out soon! ☺️

Back