[Invite] [Family Share] Users in Family Share beta are marked as "Already Joined" despite not receiving an invite email

I too am having this issue, I've invited friends and they got theirs within a couple hours, but my wife took interest in the game and I sent her an invite two days ago and still nothing. The only thing i can think of it being is Family share messing with flagging. If anyone can help out it'd be greatly appreciated!
More info on my situation, My wife never launched the game through family share. However just having family share active when the invite is sent will cause it not to show. She still shows as "Invited" but has no email/notification on steam.

So even if you don't accidentally run the game on family share, you won't get invited if you're connected through family share.

** Revoking family share doesn't fix anything from what i can tell. (revoked 2 days ago and still nothing)

Hello, I would also like to join in.
More info on my situation, My wife never launched the game through family share. However just having family share active when the invite is sent will cause it not to show. She still shows as "Invited" but has no email/notification on steam.

So even if you don't accidentally run the game on family share, you won't get invited if you're connected through family share.

** Revoking family share doesn't fix anything from what i can tell. (revoked 2 days ago and still nothing)

I would also like to reconfirm this anecdote as it also happened to me with the following parameters:
  1. The invitation does not arrive if the person who gave the invite was part of the family share regardless of whether the game was installed, launched, or played.
  2. If the game was launched (even if not in queue) it will lock the account for invitations to playtest since it will already state that the account had "Already joined".
  3. If the game was not launched, and another party that isn't part of the family share invites the account, they will receive the invite. HOWEVER, it is important to remember that in order to play the game they should be delisted from family share. Without doing so will make them "borrow" the game from the family sharer's account.***
To note further, I am able to play (and in conjunction, join forums and the official discord) so long as the family sharer does not play the game.

***According to a reply, this does not work. Need to be reviewed by other users.

As of September 1, 2024 (3:46PM GMT) Issue has been fixed on my end,
  • game has been added to my library;
  • have the ability to play with family sharer
Further proof found in my other reply post

[edit 1: added my account link]
[edit 2: added new information for #3 parameter]
[edit 3: issue fixed on my end, parameter 3 should be reviewed]

Last edited:
Hello! I am experiencing this exact issue. I have access through family share, showing the “Purchase” button when the family member is playing. I never received a notification nor email, and the “Invite your Friends” tab claims I have already joined. Before I played the first match through family share, the “Invite your Friends” tab would still allow people to invite me, but after the first match it switched to “already joined.”
My steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036486537/
Pls devs send me invite manually, like this game so much. Thank you very much!!!

Description:
When inviting another user in your steam family to the deadlock playtest if that user then plays a family shared copy of the playtest the title's in game invite menu marks them as having "Already Joined" despite them not receiving or accepting an email invitation. The invited player is then still marked as not having access within steam and is shown a blue "Purchase" button on the game in the library tab of steam.

Note:
Having both accounts change their steam beta participation to none does not appear to impact or workaround this issue.

Repro Setup:
Two steam accounts both in the family share beta, one with Deadlock access and the other without.

Repro Steps:
  1. Launch the title and navigate to the bottom right invite menu
  2. Invite the other account in your family share beta family and close the title
  3. On the account withoutplaytest access
    1. Navigate to the steam library and play the family share copy of the title
    2. Play with multiple heroes in the sandbox mode for ~20-30 minutes (unsure if this step is necessary for repro)
    3. quit the title.
  4. Back on the original account with access launch the title
  5. Navigate to the bottom right invite menu and scroll to the "Already Joined" section and expand it

Repro Rate:
Seen Once (1/1)

Build:
BUILD 5,093 - Aug 24 2024, 08:03:36

Expected:
Steam family share beta players are either given access when a family member has access or is given an email with an invite before being marked as already joined

Actual:
Steam family share beta players are marked as "Already Joined" while not having received an invite email or being granted their own access to the playtest
Hi incase any mods are sending manual invites, my steam account is:

Well... now it seems they've just made it unable to be played through family share.... but my friend still can't be invited.... so sad....

I'm also receiving the same problem except my brother is the one would had this invite bugged on him since we've been using family sharing since we first used steam but it seems like we can't play deadlock together as we'd hoped to do because it boots him out of deadlock whenever I hop on any steam game. I really hope they fix this or at least send him a manual invite. Here is his profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198131087827/

Back