[Invite] [Family Share] Users in Family Share beta are marked as "Already Joined" despite not receiving an invite email

Similar error. Invite sent me 2 people, waited almost two days, nothing came. Then I saw that there is a play button, but it was because of "Family access". Now apparently I won't be able to get a separate key at all?

Same issue for me
Brother (who I have a library family share with) invited me and our friends group for the play test. I never received the invite.
For my friends, I show up as "Already joined".
I have now been able to "log in", but it says I use his Library to play instead.
1725031892882.png

Last edited:
Description:
When inviting another user in your steam family to the deadlock playtest if that user then plays a family shared copy of the playtest the title's in game invite menu marks them as having "Already Joined" despite them not receiving or accepting an email invitation. The invited player is then still marked as not having access within steam and is shown a blue "Purchase" button on the game in the library tab of steam.

Note:
Having both accounts change their steam beta participation to none does not appear to impact or workaround this issue.

Repro Setup:
Two steam accounts both in the family share beta, one with Deadlock access and the other without.

Repro Steps:
  1. Launch the title and navigate to the bottom right invite menu
  2. Invite the other account in your family share beta family and close the title
  3. On the account withoutplaytest access
    1. Navigate to the steam library and play the family share copy of the title
    2. Play with multiple heroes in the sandbox mode for ~20-30 minutes (unsure if this step is necessary for repro)
    3. quit the title.
  4. Back on the original account with access launch the title
  5. Navigate to the bottom right invite menu and scroll to the "Already Joined" section and expand it

Repro Rate:
Seen Once (1/1)

Build:
BUILD 5,093 - Aug 24 2024, 08:03:36

Expected:
Steam family share beta players are either given access when a family member has access or is given an email with an invite before being marked as already joined

Actual:
Steam family share beta players are marked as "Already Joined" while not having received an invite email or being granted their own access to the playtest
Also had this issue, dropping my profile just in case a mod sees.

Man we really railroaded the main topic somewhat. If there will be manual invites given out, perhaps a forum post/channel dedicated to it could help out to just avoid these types of floods.

Anyway, since this is the current stockpile of id's... My friend accidentally declined the invite.

Yea, been a few days and still haven't received any of the invites I've gotten. Frustrating as the person I'm family sharing with is someone I want to play the game with. Have emailed the support, but no response yet.

I have the same issue at least 3 different people sent me invites to no avail. Today I tried to boot up from the family library to see if something would change but then it made me seen as "already joined".
my profile link if someone could send an invite: here

Description:
When inviting another user in your steam family to the deadlock playtest if that user then plays a family shared copy of the playtest the title's in game invite menu marks them as having "Already Joined" despite them not receiving or accepting an email invitation. The invited player is then still marked as not having access within steam and is shown a blue "Purchase" button on the game in the library tab of steam.

Note:
Having both accounts change their steam beta participation to none does not appear to impact or workaround this issue.

Repro Setup:
Two steam accounts both in the family share beta, one with Deadlock access and the other without.

Repro Steps:
  2. Invite the other account in your family share beta family and close the title
    2. Play with multiple heroes in the sandbox mode for ~20-30 minutes (unsure if this step is necessary for repro)
    3. quit the title.
  5. Navigate to the bottom right invite menu and scroll to the "Already Joined" section and expand it

Repro Rate:
Seen Once (1/1)

Build:

Expected:
Steam family share beta players are either given access when a family member has access or is given an email with an invite before being marked as already joined

Actual:
Steam family share beta players are marked as "Already Joined" while not having received an invite email or being granted their own access to the playtest
One friend of mine has been facing the same issue.
Me and some other 3 friends have already sent him invites and he still didn't receive anything.
His account is @GRIL3X.

Note: He had the same preconditions. One of our friends share account with him to test the game while waiting for receiving the invite and now he had logged in on his own account, he didn't receive any invite game.
* Reboot steam doesn't work;
* He will try to desinstall the game and log in his own account.

Description:

Note:

Repro Setup:

Repro Steps:
    3. quit the title.

Repro Rate:
Seen Once (1/1)

Build:

Expected:

Actual:
I just want to shout out @ArtMattgeddon for a stellar bug writeup. This was what I came to report last night, and I keep coming back to check the resolution, and I am always impressed by the quality write up.

Back