[Invite] [Family Share] Users in Family Share beta are marked as "Already Joined" despite not receiving an invite email

I also sent my partner who is part of the Steam Family Sharing an invite several days ago and they still have not received it. They did not attempt to launch the shared version of the game or anything. Other friends I have sent an invite to have received it in short order.

If manual fixes are still being applied, my partner's profile is https://steamcommunity.com/id/zheta/

Hello, We have the same problem, although I was able to invite my partner (we live in the same house and we use the new family sharing system) she never had the invite. Tried with an other friend who’s outside of our family and still nothing…

Her profile : https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198364228091

Also don’t bother asking steam support as they have nothing to do with Deadlock

Update from my situation.

For anyone who hasn't received an invite because of the family share issue, this was the fix that somehow worked for me and my group of friends:

So my friends played through my family share library, which meant they were now counted as "Already Joined" even though they didn't have the game in their own personal library. i.e. they can only play when I'm not playing.

However, after about a ~1 day, they suddenly had the game appear in their personal library, no invite, no notification. In terms of game time, my friends played for around 3-4 hours.

So my assumption is that one of the "fixes" is just checking whether someone has played through family share and is counted as "Already Joined", but doesn't own the game in their personal library - in which case it'll just add the game to their account.

So it probably takes a while for the fix to process after it confirms above or the check doesn't run constantly and only every so often. (Or maybe a dev IS adding manually, who knows)

Hope this information helps anyone that's still having issues regarding family share!

So my friends played through my family share library, which meant they were now counted as "Already Joined" even though they didn't have the game in their own personal library. i.e. they can only play when I'm not playing.

However, after about a ~1 day, they suddenly had the game appear in their personal library, no invite, no notification. In terms of game time, my friends played for around 3-4 hours.
Can confirm that I've received the game while:
  1. I'm still part of the family share;
  2. Launched the game without receiving the invitation;
  3. Was part of the Already Joined list and can no longer be invited;
  4. Played for 2-3 hours;
I also received it within 1-2 days after initial launch and subsequent gameplay.
No codes, No invites, No notifications-- just double-checked it via Store Page and Library.

It fixed for me as well today, no notification.

Also, I never posted my profile here, so that's not needed, they likely already know who has the issue.

Back