Bad Matchmaking Thread

Use this thread to share matchids for games that you think the matchmaker did a bad job at. If you can explain what you felt was a problem in it that would be helpful as well.

Do not post matchids for games that were within the past 24 hours from this post. Games older than that are fine and games going forward are fine.

Thanks for the help
1728313895847.png
Match ID 20908399

Please don't base MMR solely on wins and losses, as this is very unfair to solo queue players. Alternatively, implement a strict solo queue feature and separate MMR for solo and party queues. Displaying all players' MMR would help determine whether the matchmaking is reasonable. I think most matchups are poor, especially when the 50% win rate mechanism kicks in. The skill levels of my teammates and opponents are simply not on the same level.
My gaming experience has been very poor, and there are very few quality matches. One reason is the lack of a ban/pick phase, which results in most games being one-sided. Another reason is that there are always low-skill players on one side, allowing the other side to quickly gain an advantage and steamroll the game. I believe the solo queue experience in this game is extremely bad, to the point where it's unacceptable.
Having anything else be tracked outside of win/lose can be exploited and is a bad metric.

This is not a team deathmatch game and kills dont matter, only things that matters is killing their patron.

This would only incentivize people to statpad and not play as a team.

Match 20912702

Lady Geist and Seven seemed to be lagging behind the whole match. Geist finishes 3/11/5, Seven 0/11/4 - much less kill contribution than any other player but one. Final networth was just about 31k for both Geist and Seven, I think about 10k behind the next lowest soul count. On their team was a Haze with 75k net worth at the end, I believe ahead by 19k of the next closest player.

20928413 — Not sure, but I think that was pretty uneven
20724326 — that was definitely a very poor matchmaking
20700988 — Only Yamato in Ember was somewhat capable against us
19809313 — that was a ridiculous one
20035073 — Saphire team didn't deserve that

20925568 - feels like there was a wide skill variance between teams here, to avoid being too unspecific I think vindicta and lash/dynamo should not have even been in the same match together.

Last edited:
20935196 - We can end it early, but my team does not even hit the patron and instead decided to farm kills but instead they feed the enemy team resulting in a loss.

Match id 20941363 enemy team wraith had wallhacks and my team was playing for the first time and i dont know how.
match ended in 24 minutes enemy was 70k ahead and i was trying to do everything i could but i literally didnt have team to do anything with.

Match ID 20944583 - was playing with a 3-person party and got stomped to an insane degree and it was clear the difference in aim and coordination was just huge.

Match ID 20944341

72k soul difference in a 30 minute game, felt very unbalanced the entire time. Amber Hand, self included, were clearly much lower skill than the enemy team. Almost all of my recent matches have felt very bad. It feels like I am in harder lobbies than I should be in.

Match: 20947866 - 51k - 125k only had one kill on their entire team. playing oce
been like this all day, consistent stomp fests. teams are completely one sided, often having 3-5 higher skilled players vsing much newer players and maybe 1-2 players who know what theyre doing.
games are lost before the laning phase even ends, usually with a 1.5-2x gold lead.
it used to be fine roughly 30 hrs ago.

Back