[LOCALIZATION] Russian localization heroes or why it's shouldn't be

moremeta

Proper names in Russian do not translate.

The current translation is crooked and if this is fixed, there is one issue that needs to be addressed now. There should NOT be a translation of the characters, let their English versions remain. How am I supposed to react to a character labeled “Заточка (Zatochka)”(Shiv) or “Расплата (RAZPLATA)”(Vendicta). It doesn't sound like the characters, it sounds like a pirated translation from the 90's.
I suggest that the titles stay in English, that way it will be easier for people with different languages to communicate(tell info). When one will say “КАРМАН(KARMAN)” and the other won't understand because for him it's just POCKET.

Also we have a good translation from English to Russian. A good adaptation is Viscous, which sounds in Russian "Вязкус(Vyascous)", but the rest is just comedy. Unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Имена собственные в Русском языке не переводят.

Текущий перевод кривой, и если это будет исправлено, есть один вопрос, который необходимо решить сейчас. Перевод персонажей НЕ должен быть, пусть останутся их английские версии. Как я должен реагировать на персонажа с названием "Заточка" (Shiv) или "Расплата" (Vendicta). Звучит не как персонажи, а как пиратский перевод из 90-х.
Я предлагаю оставить названия на английском, так людям с разными языками будет проще общаться(говорить инфу). Когда один будет говорить "КАРМАН" и другой будет не понимать ничего потому-что для него это просто POCKET

У нас так-же есть хорошая адаптация с Английского на Русский. Это Viscous, который перевели на русский как "Вязкус", но остальное это просто комедия.
К сожалению.

1723766487842.png

I fully support it. I didn’t immediately understand what was wrong. Now I realized that these were character names and not player nicknames

Whereas you can have valid complaints and issues with localization, the thing is that most of Deadlock hero names are nicknames, not actual proper names

Back