Bad Matchmaking Thread

This match just felt weird. 70k soul difference at 25 minutes, they didn't get a single walker, they didn't looked like experienced players and overall a bit of a stomp.

I’ve been playing Deadlock a lot lately, and while the game is fantastic, I have to point out an issue that not enough people seem to be talking about: the punishment system for connection problems. Despite having a decent internet connection that runs other games perfectly, I’m still facing heavy penalties due to disconnects in Deadlock.

Here’s what happens: if you disconnect or leave because of connection issues, you’re hit with a temporary ban and then forced into a series of low-priority matches. What’s worse is that the number of these low-priority matches scales up based on how many times you’ve disconnected or left the game. For players who experience occasional connection drops, this feels overly punishing, especially when no other games give us similar issues.

It seems unfair to treat unintentional disconnections this severely. I wish more people were talking about this, as it really impacts the enjoyment and fairness of the game. Has anyone else had this issue? Do you think Deadlock should consider a more balanced approach to handling connectivity-related penalties?

October the 13th , match ID 22176981 - far too much of a cakewalk for all of us from the first few minutes. For example , Lash would stomp from ground level while Abrams was the type to shoulder charge an ulting Bebop mid air without even needing a warp stone somehow.

1728773949501.png

22179287: Paradox on Amber was having a spectacularly rough game, going 0-14-1 with 15,500 souls in a 29-minute game, bottom or near-bottom in most stats. Everybody else in the lobby was more-or-less keeping a normal winning-or-losing pace.

22089934: I was playing Viscous and i got matched up on alone lane even when im playing with someone. I was playing against Seven and i got stomped hard but it was a weird stomp. I felt like I was playing against someone that has played Deadlock more than I do. And in other matches im not getting assigned to the lane with my duo. In maybe 10 matches we got matched up with each other only in one match.

22181075: Thats the match when i played with random and he didnt know what to do. Like he was playing for the first time maybe. I dunno

I agree with what someone said earlier, this patch seems to have really enabled snowballing by strengthening objectives to the point where they're too easy to deny by an even slightly stronger champ. That's why all these matches seem to be so one-sided. Whoever wins the early game generally goes on to win the late game and it's a lot harder to come back than it was last patch.

22187798: My team stomped enemy team. Enemy team was playing like they were playing for the first time. Mo & Krill which was my enemy laner looked like he didnt knew how this game worked and this champ worked. Eventually we won by 30k souls difference.

Back