Meleeing Souls Doesn't Claim Them

You've taken everything that everyone said as a personal attack and completely ignored what everyone else pointed out, so i'll focus on that to make it clear.

Server Desync. Which is when your client desyncs from the server and doesn't necessarily mean that it's an issue with your computer.

It means that it's just poor netcode. Which still isn't a bug.
Are you suggesting to post this to the "poor netcode" subforum then? This doesn't belong in bug reports? It's "not a bug" to you?

Also this is visible in the replay, which I posted my own recording of, which is completely independent of any netcode issues and only displays what happened server-side.

Server desynchronization is when the servers network connection drops typically from power outages, overloads, random drops etc.
Which means that the replay would show the same thing that your screen did.
a replay is just recounting things that were confirmed to have happened in the match. it is replaying them. it cannot recount desync because it would just take what the server believes happened as truth. the server has authority both over what happens in the game and what is recounted as true in the replay. the server believes i meleed the soul.

Server desynchronization is when the servers network connection drops typically from power outages, overloads, random drops etc.
Which means that the replay would show the same thing that your screen did.
Replays are not client side, you genuinely don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever looked at the replay viewer for any source title?

Are you suggesting to post this to the "poor netcode" subforum then? This doesn't belong in bug reports? It's "not a bug" to you?

Also this is visible in the replay, which I posted my own recording of, which is completely independent of any netcode issues and only displays what happened server-side.
Desync is not a bug. This is not a bug. Which is what everyone has been pointing out. I'm not saying it's not an issue, but it's not a bug. It's like playing a fighting game that doesn't have rollback and complaining that everything that happens is a bug because the netcode sucks.
a replay is just recounting things that were confirmed to have happened in the match. it is replaying them. it cannot recount desync because it would just take what the server believes happened as truth.
A replay pulls from the server, you even said, "this is not a playerside issue as it is present from the server's pov in the replay. " So are we walking that statement back right now?

Replays are not client side, you genuinely don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever looked at the replay viewer for any source title?
"when the servers network connection drops typically from power outages, overloads, random drops etc"

THE SERVER. Not the client. Please learn to read before telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about. Do you know how to code? Did you have any certification in Net+ or CCNA? Because I do lmao.

Desync is not a bug. This is not a bug. Which is what everyone has been pointing out. I'm not saying it's not an issue, but it's not a bug. It's like playing a fighting game that doesn't have rollback and complaining that everything that happens is a bug because the netcode sucks.

A replay pulls from the server, you even said, "this is not a playerside issue as it is present from the server's pov in the replay. " So are we walking that statement back right now?
Where would you post this then, if it's clearly not a bug and clearly doesn't belong in bug reports? It's a "netcode desync" (even though you can download the replay yourself) and should be posted where? Maybe stop posting definitions and start focusing on reading comprehension instead.

Where would you post this then, if it's clearly not a bug and clearly doesn't belong in bug reports? It's a "netcode desync" (even though you can download the replay yourself) and should be posted where? Maybe stop posting definitions and start focusing on reading comprehension instead.
The entire argument started because someone said it wasn't a bug and Kitty got their feelings hurt because they were corrected. I just wanted to reinforce the fact that it wasn't a bug. No one at any point said it doesn't belong here as we are aware there is nowhere else to post issues.

"when the servers network connection drops typically from power outages, overloads, random drops etc"

THE SERVER. Not the client. Please learn to read before telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about. Do you know how to code? Did you have any certification in Net+ or CCNA? Because I do lmao.
yes i do know how to code and yes i know quite a lot about game networking. the replay is not from the pov of the player but rather a recount of what happened in that match according to the server, which has the final say on everything that actually happens in game. things like this may seem like desync when you are playing it live and communicating from client to server, but once its taken into the replay environment these factors that may cause desync are removed. the replay documents that the server fully recognized, with no possible desync issues, that i meleed the soul.

edit: now it is extremely clear that you didn't know what you were talking about when it can be replicated in an environment without server delay being possible.

Last edited:
The entire argument started because someone said it wasn't a bug and Kitty got their feelings hurt because they were corrected. I just wanted to reinforce the fact that it wasn't a bug. No one at any point said it doesn't belong here as we are aware there is nowhere else to post issues.
You are still dodging my question. If this belongs in bug reports, it is a bug.

yes i do know how to code and yes i know quite a lot about game networking. the replay is not from the pov of the player but rather a recount of what happened in that match according to the server, which has the final say on everything that actually happens in game. things like this may seem like desync when you are playing it live and communicating from client to server, but once its taken into the replay environment these factors that may cause desync are removed. the replay documents that the server fully recognized, with no possible desync issues, that i meleed the soul.
Bugs can be replicated because it's an abnormality in the code. Which means if you fix the code, the issue goes away. That means that everytime you try this it should have the same effect. However I couldn't replicate the issue, which points towards it not being an issue with the code.
View attachment not a bug.mp4

Bugs can be replicated because it's an abnormality in the code. Which means if you fix the code, the issue goes away. That means that everytime you try this it should have the same effect. However I couldn't replicate the issue, which points towards it not being an issue with the code.
View attachment 13974
When are you going to download the replay and see that it is replicable literally every time you view it? Do you think that just because a bug only happens in some situations that it isn't a bug? I get this bug frequently, other threads report it, just because it doesn't happen literally every time doesn't mean it's not a bug and persistent issue. Even the server reports it as a hit without claiming the soul in the replay, and it does so upon every single viewing on every single machine. Why are you arguing semantics when everyone is just trying to get a gameplay BUG fixed?

Even in my first post here, I included a slowed down and sped up version of the replay, which includes some melees claiming souls but the first shown one ALWAYS not claiming it.

View attachment 13974
just because you are unable to replicate the issue does not mean it does not exist. you are also testing this with a bunch of factors removed.

edit: yup the new clip proves that you did not replicate the bug correctly and it can be easily replicated.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting clips of the serverside replay with sound!
No problem! It seems this bug is still persistent and thankfully easy to replicate after the patch! Hopefully it gets fixed soon, since it seems you're not the only one encountering this issue.

First time writing on the forum hi^^, dont be mad, but this is not a bug and the last one to prove that is total nosense sorry to say (you will never take that soul with that melee attack xD sry, you are not pointing the soul, they are shooting at it too, and you have to point it as if you wanted to shoot it eheh), if there is a problem in the netcode they will see this post and they will check if there is a problem. Don't think that you can take the soul just because it is in front of you, you have to aim it and it must be at a certain distance.

First time writing on the forum hi^^, dont be mad, but this is not a bug and the last one to prove that is total nosense sorry to say (you will never take that soul with that melee attack xD sry, you are not pointing the soul, they are shooting at it too, and you have to point it as if you wanted to shoot it eheh), if there is a problem in the netcode they will see this post and they will check if there is a problem. Don't think that you can take the soul just because it is in front of you, you have to aim it and it must be at a certain distance.
Did you watch my clips of the replay? It plays the audio and visuals of hitting the soul. The crosshair was directly on top of the soul during the melee audio and visual hit confirm, in slow motion, in my second clip.

Attachments

• NotABug.png
    NotABug.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 9
Back