Game Invite link not adding game to account - Package Already Granted (NOT FIXED)

I haven't heard confirmation that this is an actual bug yet - it sounds like whoever invited you used your email, but didn't select your steam profile. Maybe trying to bypass friend recency requirement.

Just speculating
I don't think so, I was invited before the new system was put in and the friend who invited said they only asked for my email. I think it's just bad timing, speculating here but I think they placed in the account activation for all requests(which means that all requests that only required email became null and void or smthn).

I don't think so, I was invited before the new system was put in and the friend who invited said they only asked for my email. I think it's just bad timing, speculating here but I think they placed in the account activation for all requests(which means that all requests that only required email became null and void or smthn).
Then have your friend reinvite using the new system and wait 2 more days!

Then have your friend reinvite using the new system and wait 2 more days!
good point! I'll do that right away, I guess I just wanted to wait for a response from the "support" email(idk why I didn't think of that, thx).
regardless this is still a bug and I hope that the dev team is able to figure out what happened and fix it for all future play tests.

Plus not sure if you can resubmit the same email twice. I'll edit in the answer once I get a response from my friend.

good point! I'll do that right away, I guess I just wanted to wait for a response from the "support" email(idk why I didn't think of that, thx).
regardless this is still a bug and I hope that the dev team is able to figure out what happened and fix it for all future play tests.

Plus not sure if you can resubmit the same email twice. I'll edit in the answer once I get a response from my friend.
You can always use a different email just make sure the right account is selected.

You can change the email and pass within the forum so it really doesn't matter what email is sent the invite. What matters is the steam account. Just use whichever email you prefer for forum access.

Back