A hero that requires 2 players to be used: Oggl & Poggl - an Two Headed Imp

Ryder

I had an idea of a character that requires 2 players to play. Only 1 player will be able to control the movement thought.

Both players will have their own weapons, skills and item slots.

Damage based items will give all stats to weapons
HP/Defensive based items will give only 65% of stats, to balance out being too tanky

Player 1 rotating MUST not affect Player 2's aim.

More balancing needs to be adjusted, that includes toxic behavior - Player 1 abandoning the game, going AFK, sabotaging the team etc.

Hero Name: Oggl

A Fate's Tale (similar for both):
Oggl and Poggl, born as a rare two-headed imp, are destined for greatness. Oggl, the right head, has always controlled their shared body, while Poggl, the left head, commands a set of mechanical arms. Known for their mischief, the brothers are unaware of the significant quest that fate has planned for them, one that will reveal their true potential and test their bond.

Appearance: A violet colored thin Imp, with 4 arms (2 natural and 2 mechanical that are wired to Poggl's head)

Skills:

Skill 1: Inferno Shield
Description: Oggl conjures a fiery shield around themselves, that absorbs incoming damage and ignites enemies caught in the shield, applying 1 stack of Scorched
Duration: 6 seconds
Cooldown: 35 seconds
Damage: 20 DPS
Upgrades:
- 10s CD Reduction
- 3 seconds duration increase
- Additionally slows down targets and reduces their spirit protection

Skill 2: Inferno Breath
Description: Oggl starts breathing fire in front of him, dealing damage and applying DOT to enemies caught in it, applying 1 stack of Scorched
Duration: 4s
Cooldown: 40s
Damage: 40 DPS
Upgrades:
- Increases cone width and range by 1m
- Decreases cooldown by 20s
- Increased damage by 20

Skill 3: Inferno Blast
Description: Oggl throws a large fireball at the ground, creating an explosion that deals damage in a radius and applies a burn damage over time. Enemies hit by the explosion receive a Scorched status.
Cooldown: 25s
Damage: 150
Burn duration: 4s
DOT: 20
Upgrades:
- Increases Burn duration by 1s
- Increases explosion radius by 2m
- After a short period, another explosion erupts that deals 50% of damage and doesn't apply DOT damage

Ultimate: Inferno Judgment
Description: Oggl channels his inner fire to unleash a devastating burst of flames on all enemies in radius. Enemies with Scorched status applied receive more damage, depending on how much statuses they have.
Cooldown: 120s
Base damage: 250
Damage per status: 75
Upgrades:
- Increase damage per status by 25
- Cooldown reduction by 50s
- Increase Base damage by 150. Enemies with 3 Scorched statuses get stunned

I didn't have more time to think about Poggl's abbilities, as I'm feeling sick now, but I think, unlike his brother, Poggl should have access to Void and use it's powers:
Void Bind - roots enemy in place and gives them "Bound" status
Void Pules - releases a void energy around, removing attack speed and applying "Bound" status
Void Rift - Throws a mini blackhole that slowly pulls enemies towards it. Enemies can still move and escape it. Applies Bound status
Ultimate - Steals enemy HP. Also based on number of Bound statuses

Both statuses are removed after 10 seconds. Applying another status resets the timer

I've mentioned that part in my post too
you could have it so that if someone leaves then whoever is left takes control of the moving half and the other half gets a "better then nothing" kinda terrible ai aiming thing

Back