Vocal Taunts - Make fun out of your enemies!

As a TF2 fan, i always liked the idea of taunts, however Deadlock can't have them in visual form mostly because how unnoticeable yet distracting they are and it simply won't do in this game, i have a better idea

Rub some salt in the wound of the enemy! Taunt their loss vocally so they hear it when they died!
Add a second wheel that's customizable and make taunts themselves a purchasable thing in deadlock once they implement skins into this game, extra bank for valve, extra customizability for players, it's a win-win!

these taunts lets player gloat in their victory of another player without having to type or teabag, it's like saying thanks after every kill in tf2, or saying hi after every kill in overwatch 2, let's be real who doesn't do that in a game where you can kill enemies and you have speech wheel available!

besides, you always love to hear more voice lines of your favorite characters and makes the players more determined to get the enemy back after their loss

Emotes are great in games that can handle them however games in a Alpha-Beta state need to be careful of implementing stuff like this due to potential abuse.

Also, I don't particularly want this game to end up like LoL with arguably one of the most toxic player bases of all time. I enjoy the mildness of the game but keeping with the action and fast pace stakes of other MOBAs

Killing players, especialy more than once prompts your character to say voicelines that taunt. These are audible to the enemy most of the time, and are a lot more tasteful imho.
Like McGinnis says something along the lines of; ''This will keep happening all night long''

If anything the devs should probably think of the right way to counter toxic behaviour in the game, since its currently pretty bad already.
And fully banning a player for a lifetime after leaving 1 or 2 games is not the right balance.

Back