Split-Push style items for dueling (Blood Pact, Ammomancy and more)

thatfunkedude

A few miscellaneous item concepts designed for solo lane dueling which involves goading 1v1's, denying space and tracking enemy movement.

Blood Pact | 1250
-75 Health
+10% Bullet Lifesteal

Active (cd 65s)
First target who shoots you enters a blood pact. Both players in a Blood Pact deal increased damage to eachother for short duration.
| 10s Duration | 25% Weapon Damage vs. Blood Pact Participants |

---------------------------------------------

Sightseer | 1250
+8% Ability Range
Passive (cd 35s)
Imbued ability will mark the target and all nearby heroes for 3s as visible on the minimap and as a silhouette through walls.
| 3s Duration |

Expected use cases:
-McGinnis using her turrets as wards between lanes
-Wraith tracking and chasing a fleeing kill via Card Trick
-Gray talon identifying enemies near a triggered Hunting Trap

Repel Rounds | 1250
Alternate name: Ward Off

+5% Bullet knockback
+10% Ammo
Active (cd 45s)
Bullets gain increased knockback for a short duration.
| 4s Duration | 60% Bullet Knockback |

Ammomancy | 3000
-10% Reload Time
Passive
Each hero kill grants permanent extra ammo (up to a max of 7 times). Death results in the loss of 1 stack.
| 10% Ammo Per Stack |

repel is too good, ammo is too cheap, sightseer can be abused really hard with good coordination, blood pact is unreliable and too good in certain situations. But designs are competent.

Ammomancy is extremely underpowered, for 3500 you get 120% ammo, extra stats and no downsides. This has less stats than active reload, and a passive that is extremely bad. But even if the numbers were fixed, having to get kills rather than takedowns is annoying, and we already have glass cannon I don't think we need extra items similar to it.

Can I use repel rounds to fly ?
i like to think so, assuming you're airborne when firing. but that's not the intent of the item and I wouldn't be bothered if it had no self knockback.

repel is too good, ammo is too cheap, sightseer can be abused really hard with good coordination, blood pact is unreliable and too good in certain situations. But designs are competent.
Appreciate the feedback. With Repel IMO there are many items for tanking or escaping dives but there aren't many made for specifically denying them. Ammo should probably have its acquired bonus lowered, and sightseer I do get the point but that could be argued similarly for plenty of other items like silence glyph. I think items that incentivize coordinated play (I ping an enemy location, you chase them) are good.

Back