New Punishment System

axo

Just wondering if people banned prior to the implementation of the new behaviour system will be unbanned/subject to the new systems penalties? It doesn't really make sense to keep people punished despite the new rules being implemented. Would like to have some clarity on this or a formal process to an unban added in.

Just wondering if people banned prior to the implementation of the new behaviour system will be unbanned/subject to the new systems penalties? It doesn't really make sense to keep people punished despite the new rules being implemented. Would like to have some clarity on this or a formal process to an unban added in.
I am wondering the same thing.

If your ban was temporary yea. But I don't think bans are temporary in Deadlock right now.

Doesn't change the fact that you were banned in the first place. So a change in their system doesn't change that. Even after a change in system, you still got banned for something you shouldn't have done.

If your ban was temporary yea. But I don't think bans are temporary in Deadlock right now.

Doesn't change the fact that you were banned in the first place. So a change in their system doesn't change that. Even after a change in system, you still got banned for something you shouldn't have done.
I think you misunderstand, Before the system was in place I was Perma Banned for something, You do not get told what for, I would guess toxic comms but even then I do not think I was very awful, something I would get a warning for now. So we want to know if there is a way to remove the permanent hardware ID ban on our accounts and go through the punishment system.

Reactions: axo

In the new system, you can get a text/chat/mm ban temporarily and get put in low-priority queue for toxicity. In the old system, you get a perma hardware ID ban for toxicity. There was no nuance - people who spammed slurs got a perma, but so did people who BMed or called someone shit at the game a few too many times.

How does it make sense to have people perma-banned because they made a mistake a week earlier than someone else? I don't support toxic behaviour at all and repeat offenders should be punished severely. It just makes no sense to uphold previous perma-bans arbitrarily. If anything, BEFORE the behavioural system there were no guidelines or warnings that we have now, meaning that there should be more leniency to previous offences.

I think you misunderstand, Before the system was in place I was Perma Banned for something, You do not get told what for, I would guess toxic comms but even then I do not think I was very awful, something I would get a warning for now. So we want to know if there is a way to remove the permanent hardware ID ban on our accounts and go through the punishment system.
I understood the first question he asked, which is "Will i get unbanned now that there is a new system". But for your question. I don't think there is any official ban appeal systems yet.

Hope they add one so you can have a chance at least to get unbanned.

I don't think anybody should let back. This is still an alpha test phase. At least they cannot ruin the game for anybody until launch. Now they start to test a punishment system also.

If you were perma banned it was done by a human watching your matches and deciding they don't want you as a tester anymore, This isn't early access or a promo beta. If you're making matches worse for other testers you're gonna be out. Why should they bother warning people that aren't going to be testing or providing worthwhile feedback anyway

So you all responded and said a whole lot of nothing. You say they shouldn't let anyone back or unban, but they implemented a behavioural system specifically for this in yesterdays patch. So are you saying the devs shouldn't have put in the system to begin with? I don't understand this mindless virtue signalling without providing any actual argument as to why it should remain.

If you are reported enough to be manually banned you still will be, The new system is an addition to that so that I don't get match-made with people who leave frequently or are rude in the chat. Both go together

If you are reported enough to be manually banned you still will be, The new system is an addition to that so that I don't get match-made with people who leave frequently or are rude in the chat. Both go together
Thanks for repeating the same thing - you didn't say anything I didnt know? You can now receive text/voice chat mutes for being rude. The ONLY way to be banned before was manual review and instead of a text/voice chat it was just a perma across the board. You still haven't argued for why the ban should remain and what the difference is.

I understood the first question he asked, which is "Will i get unbanned now that there is a new system". But for your question. I don't think there is any official ban appeal systems yet.

Hope they add one so you can have a chance at least to get unbanned.
Thanks Spectrum, A lot of people come here to be toxic to us but we want to be civil and discuss this system. Thanks to all who come here with genuine concern.

Bumping this If any Dev can help us out?

If you were perma banned it was done by a human watching your matches and deciding they don't want you as a tester anymore, This isn't early access or a promo beta. If you're making matches worse for other testers you're gonna be out. Why should they bother warning people that aren't going to be testing or providing worthwhile feedback anyway
Because they are doing that now? Lol.

Back