Low resolution/ 4:3 No healthbar

saar, i want to even play at 1280x960, max resolution of my new monitor, but game sadly doesn't allow this. having to play with letterbox or create myself a mod to support 4:3 ( if i can do it why valve cannot )?

Should we tell cs2 pros not to use 4:3 since it's not the 90's anymore? xdd
deadlock is a game that has been played since the 90s competitively when most monitors were 4:3 yes? Reason pros in cs play 4:3 is because they copied pros settings when they were starting, 4:3 gives u a fov disadvantage and is a bad res objectively to play at in 2024, and majority of pros are dumb like you

deadlock is a game that has been played since the 90s competitively when most monitors were 4:3 yes? Reason pros in cs play 4:3 is because they copied pros settings when they were starting, 4:3 gives u a fov disadvantage and is a bad res objectively to play at in 2024, and majority of pros are dumb like you
Sir, I am using 4:3 because my monitor is the aspect ratio. OK?

Experiencing missing health bar issue on 1152x864 and 1024x768 resolutions on my CRT. It seems to be fixed by running at 1280x720, but then I am forced to run at a lower refresh rate.

These issues aren't exclusive to low resolutions. My CRT runs at 1600x1200 and I also have these issues.

1724083199216.png
1724083229882.png

There's no option for 4:3 in the aspect ratio selection, even though all the major resolutions seem to be supported. If you select another aspect ratio and you want to go back, you need to select Use Native Resolution, then you can go back to Use Custom and select which specific resolution you want.

1724083468835.png

I sure hope the devs don't go the same way with this game that they did with Dota, where 4:3 is being dropped and more problems keep showing up.

EDIT: Also confirming Vihaan's fix works.
1724085073498.png

Last edited:
These issues aren't exclusive to low resolutions. My CRT runs at 1600x1200 and I also have these issues.

View attachment 11856
View attachment 11857

There's no option for 4:3 in the aspect ratio selection, even though all the major resolutions seem to be supported. If you select another aspect ratio and you want to go back, you need to select Use Native Resolution, then you can go back to Use Custom and select which specific resolution you want.

View attachment 11858

I sure hope the devs don't go the same way with this game that they did with Dota, where 4:3 is being dropped and more problems keep showing up.

EDIT: Also confirming Vihaan's fix works.
View attachment 11864

How does this fix work? I'm playing on a 4:3 monitor and would love to know how you did this.

How does this fix work? I'm playing on a 4:3 monitor and would love to know how you did this.

I did that fix on the panorama debugger, so it was only temporary. In order to permanently fix it, you need to decompile hud.vccs_c into a regular css, edit some code, then repack it into a mod.

You can find hud.vcss_c in pak01.vpk under panorama/styles. In there is an entry for #health_and_abilities_container. Replace the code there with the following:
#health_and_abilities_container
{
width: 250px;
height: 380px;
vertical-align: bottom;
horizontal-align: left;
margin-left: 280px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
flow-children: none;
transition-property: margin-left, ui-scale;
transition-duration: 0.1s;
}

That'll put the health bar somewhere on your character's back. Not entirely where it's supposed to be but it wont clash with other HUD elements.

Then you need to pack it into a new vpk file and make a mod out of it. I don't really know all the finer details of it (I had a friend recompile hud.css into a vcss_c, and he's not even sure how he did it) so I can't really give you a good tutorial. At some point I'm gonna take a crack at making a mod that fixes this and all the other interface issues with 4:3.

And if a dev is reading this, the fix is really simple. Set the horizontal-align for #health_and_abilities_container to left, remove the right margin, and adjust the left margin accordingly.

I did that fix on the panorama debugger, so it was only temporary. In order to permanently fix it, you need to decompile hud.vccs_c into a regular css, edit some code, then repack it into a mod.

You can find hud.vcss_c in pak01.vpk under panorama/styles. In there is an entry for #health_and_abilities_container. Replace the code there with the following:

That'll put the health bar somewhere on your character's back. Not entirely where it's supposed to be but it wont clash with other HUD elements.

Then you need to pack it into a new vpk file and make a mod out of it. I don't really know all the finer details of it (I had a friend recompile hud.css into a vcss_c, and he's not even sure how he did it) so I can't really give you a good tutorial. At some point I'm gonna take a crack at making a mod that fixes this and all the other interface issues with 4:3.

And if a dev is reading this, the fix is really simple. Set the horizontal-align for #health_and_abilities_container to left, remove the right margin, and adjust the left margin accordingly.
Can we get a tutorial or something, im no expert. I just wanna play the game on 4:3 really bad

Back