When shop key is pressed, shooting continues, but only if mag wasn't full

If you hit the shop key while you're shooting, then as long as you didn't begin with a full magazine, you will continue shooting and empty your magazine.

In other words:

1. Click and hold mouse button 1 to begin shooting.
2. Press the shop key.
3. Release mouse button 1.

If you started with a full magazine, you will stop shooting immediately.
If you started with a partially-unloaded magazine, you will continue shooting until your mag is emptied.

I discovered this in the Sandbox while trying to trigger #24395, and I'm wondering if it's related.

I rebound my 3 and 4 to scroll down/scroll up on the mouse wheel. Scrolling the mouse wheel while in the shop (like when reading a build description) will activate the abilities while still in the shop. Sounds like this is related to whats happening with you.

I wonder if this is a bug or if it is supposed to be intentional so you can react if enemies dive you while you are shopping.

Perhaps, but the fact that it depends on whether your magazine is full or not indicates that there is either a bug when you're full or partially full.

Can you do a test with 1) full mag, and 2) partial mag?

Perhaps, but the fact that it depends on whether your magazine is full or not indicates that there is either a bug when you're full or partially full.

Can you do a test with 1) full mag, and 2) partial mag?
I'm not at my desktop to do this atm, but I'm happy to once I get home.

Back