Vindicta Zipline Flight & Flight Cancel GAMEBREAKING BUGS / EXPLOITS (STILL PRESENT 9/14)

They have rightfully previously removed similar (but not nearly as bad) bugs. These bugs are on a sniper character who was purposefully designed to have limited movement and to be easily punished. The bugs make it impossible to punish her and give her the most mobility out of any character in the entire game.

Melee is a game that gets it's complexity from the bugs because it was a game designed for children. Deadlock is a competitive game not designed for children.
Trimping exists in a game with fall damage and the character who can do it has to forgo other better items to do it.

Trimping requires precise input, learning map geometry, learning how to control the trimp, and learning how to mitigate the unavoidable fall damage you will take by doing it. All of this on top of the requirement to even start doing this being forgoing Demoman's competitively best item category, sticky bombs.

Melee requires learning precise input and other various skills for hundreds of hours to do it's bugs and unlock complexity in a normally simple game.

Vindicta's bugs are incredibly easy to input, require nothing other than a single cooldown, and have no downsides. You forgo nothing, there's nothing that could possibly go wrong, you exclusively gain with no risk or downside possible.

If this bug is to stay in the game, Vindicta would need to face MAJOR nerfs and a complete overhaul to her character design philosophy. In it's current state, this bug has no skill requirement and has no repercussions.

The people who created the document were aware of these bugs and chose to abuse them and leave them unreported. I had to report the bugs for them.

As a side note, 'parry dashing' is 100% not intended and will be removed in a future patch. Parry prevents you from executing any moves and holds you still for very important balance reasons.
Hello, creator of that doc you're talking about here.
The devs are aware of these bugs. They've been reported before, and if there's something actually egregious, we report it (see stand cancelling and the haze clip).
The doc is my own hobby project so that people can search for tech without scrolling through thousands of messages. I'm not "hoarding" tech, as you have insinuated here.
This bug here is just mechanics working in tandem; the two second air drag buff and Vindicta's Flight. The only suggestion I have is capping speed with Flight or making it more limited.

The devs are aware of these bugs. They've been reported before, and if there's something actually egregious, we report it (see stand cancelling and the haze clip).
The doc is my own hobby project so that people can search for tech without scrolling through thousands of messages. I'm not "hoarding" tech, as you have insinuated here.
This bug here is just mechanics working in tandem; the two second air drag buff and Vindicta's Flight. The only suggestion I have is capping speed with Flight or making it more limited.
If they were reported they were not properly reported within the forum’s designated bug report section. This bug has behavior not consistent with any other part of Flight’s standard behavior and is egregious. It really doesn’t matter that you feel it’s intended. It is not an intended mechanic. This is very clearly evidenced by Vindicta starting with only 2 stamina, and the devs patching out less powerful bugs than this one that were significantly harder to execute. You aren’t the arbiter of what’s intended just because you catalog bugs on discord and refer to them as techs. If you dislike this response just go reread the one you quoted as it explains this more indepth.

You have 4 forum posts and none reporting movement related bugs.

Last edited:
Point me to the forum post where this bug that allows you to get stuck on a wall when mounting zipline was reported.
IMG_5228.jpeg

If they were reported they were not properly reported within the forum’s designated bug report section. This bug has behavior not consistent with any other part of Flight’s standard behavior and is egregious. It really doesn’t matter that you feel it’s intended. It is not an intended mechanic. This is very clearly evidenced by Vindicta starting with only 2 stamina, and the devs patching out less powerful bugs than this one that were significantly harder to execute. You aren’t the arbiter of what’s intended just because you catalog bugs on discord and refer to them as techs. If you dislike this response just go reread the one you quoted as it explains this more indepth.

Reread the word "we". Sometimes it's inconvenient for me report myself because I'm out and about and other people are reporting it as well on Discord. Crazy, I know. Also, good job combing through my profile.
It really doesn’t matter that you feel it’s intended. It is not an intended mechanic.
You aren’t the arbiter of what’s intended just because you catalog bugs on discord and refer to them as techs. If you dislike this response just go reread the one you quoted as it explains this more indepth.
I'm not saying that this is intended. I'm just saying that the underlying mechanics behind these are working as intended. This is just the two second air drag buff combining with cancelling Flight. And tech is an abbreviation of technique (a way of doing a thing), because all of the things on the doc are ways to do a thing; move around.
Also not quite sure where you've pulled this argument from, because I never said anything remotely like this. Never said that "this big jump was completely intended and planned by the devs" or that I know better than everyone else and I make the decisions around here, or anything remotely close to that. Nice strawman.

All the bugs on the doc have been reported: Link Link Link Link Link Link

I'm also not saying that this isn't broken. Of course it is. It'd be asinine to say that it isn't broken, and of course I want it fixed, because I love this game as much as you do. But insinuating that I've been hiding this tech, that I'm a bug abuser is just wrong.

Hey devs, why not make Flight manually reset the air drag back to normal rates for the start of the move? That could solve this while still allowing for Flight Cancel, which is (imo) balanced.

Point me to the forum post where this bug that allows you to get stuck on a wall when mounting zipline was reported.
View attachment 15974
nice cyberstalking. I was out and about when I commented. no benefit of the doubt there. pretty backhanded to go comb through my messages to try and find dirt

EDIT: also, nice sockpuppet with Fishjump here. Instantly responding when you post? Instantly liking?

nice cyberstalking. I was out and about when I commented. no benefit of the doubt there. pretty backhanded to go comb through my messages to try and find dirt
You commented on that days ago, there's plenty of time you or the 8 people that reacted (and more that didn't react) could have reported it.

EDIT: also, nice sockpuppet with Fishjump here. Instantly responding when you post? Instantly liking?
What's a sockpuppet? I've had this and the other thread open in the background. Maybe stop deflecting and actually address the holes poked in your arguments?

EDIT: Apparently I'm some sort of controlled agent with no free will.

Last edited:
You commented on that days ago, there's plenty of time you or the 8 people that reacted (and more that didn't react) could have reported it.
that was yesterday at nine at night. I was in bed. I have school to go to in the morning. Saying its days ago is a gross exaggeration

Definitely cyberstalking and definitely normal behavior from you. Are you okay I am so serious right now it’s just a game. It is going to be okay I promise. I understand you find the bugs fun but ultimately the developers should know of them so that they can promote fun further. Valve specifically has a history of doing that.

This was a little funny at first but please take a break <3

Reread the word "we". Sometimes it's inconvenient for me report myself because I'm out and about and other people are reporting it as well on Discord. Crazy, I know. Also, good job combing through my profile.
It's so inconvenient that you've made 4 forum posts ever yet can maintain a detailed doc of dozens of different bugs? You can just hover someone's username to see their post count, you don't need to comb their profile. You would know if you used these forums.

Definitely cyberstalking and definitely normal behavior from you. Are you okay I am so serious right now it’s just a game. It is going to be okay I promise. I understand you find the bugs fun but ultimately the developers should know of them so that they can promote fun further. Valve specifically has a history of doing that.

This was a little funny at first but please take a break <3
Funny? You started this whole event by being a passive-aggressive commenter at the very top of this thread. You're insinuating that I started this.
Definitely cyberstalking and definitely normal behavior from you.
By me? I'm not the one going through other peoples messages.

Lets get back to the actual point of this thread which is the glitch, not whether it's intended or not. No more stupid arguments or little stupid remarks, lets get back to the point.

Funny? You started this whole event by being a passive-aggressive commenter at the very top of this thread. You're insinuating that I started this.

By me? I'm not the one going through other peoples messages.

Lets get back to the actual point of this thread which is the glitch, not whether it's intended or not. No more stupid arguments or little stupid remarks, lets get back to the point.
No. I have said all I want to say. You can think I am being passive aggressive right now but you just claimed I was typing two replies to you one from me and one from my ‘sockpuppet’. I am completely genuine when I say I am worried about you.

I only ever replied to the thread because people were claiming it was intended. Go to the first page for proof it's all everybody replied with.

If you agree that it’s unintended and should be reported then everything is okay and I agree with you. I have no clue what you want to discuss relating to the bug itself, is there some other way to execute it or something? Feel free to add anything new you learn about the bug to the thread but do also please take some time for yourself.

I apologize that my earlier message read to you as though I thought you were cyberstalking. I was saying that it was outlandish to claim I am cyberstalking.

Last edited:
If getting back to the point means agreeing that it's in fact not intended behavior, instead of having to defend the existence of a bug report on the bug report forums, I'm happy to hear that the one who documented it thinks so in order to dampen this trend of everyone talking down on any bug report for a character they like.

Back