Temp banned for no reason?

No, you cannot get banned for no reason.
Why not? For example, the reason for the temporary ban I received was most likely because the game crashed (the only vitriol you'll get out of me is silence). Of course, this is still a reason but not a good one. Perhaps the moderation of reports is struggling with the influx of new players creating false-positives? I don't know if there even is moderation which is why it's so agitating.

Relax. It was a temporary ban, not a permanent one. I got one too because I had a storm and the power went out and I could've cared less. And of course the team won't permanently ban you if you do not have offensive communications in-game or hard trolling like pausing the game frequently, leaving games frequently or feeding like there's no tomorrow and have a score similar to 3-20 all the games. Why do you need to appeal a temporary ban? Do you not have the patience to wait 30 minutes? Is the world dying in these 30 minutes if you do not play the game?

You could've gone outside for a walk for 30 minutes or do anything else...

Last edited:
Why not? For example, the reason for the temporary ban I received was most likely because the game crashed (the only vitriol you'll get out of me is silence). Of course, this is still a reason but not a good one. Perhaps the moderation of reports is struggling with the influx of new players creating false-positives? I don't know if there even is moderation which is why it's so agitating.
Oh did you not see Yoshi's reply? :o

Had something similar, breaker tripped power went out on my pc and I dced for like 5ish minutes, I was able to get back into the game while it was still going for quite a bit of the ending which we did still win. But I still got a temp ban after the game finished, so kinda seems like there is an automatic system for DC temp bans even if you rejoin.

Every once in a while, I don't load in until 0:45, which is an eternity in this game.
So I got this :D
Edit: fun fact, even if you don't load in properly, the game still shoots you down the zipline and drops you out in the open, resulting in a pre-thirty-second kill. This is likely karma due to I having taken advantage of other people experiencing a late load in as well, lol.

Attachments

• Deadlock 9_2_2024 6_22_21 AM.png
    Deadlock 9_2_2024 6_22_21 AM.png
    599.4 KB · Views: 40
I just had this happen in strange circumstances as well. Queued for a match > game stayed on the loading screen for more than a minute > pressing escape still brought up the menu with the same options as when watching a game, including the option to "Leave Spectating". Clicked it.
Back to main menu > queued again > same thing > banned for five minutes.
Tried queuing again after those five minutes, but then it suddenly told me it's 30 minutes.

Bans only come from reports, but what was reported? Just to clear that up for you.
It doesn't matter what was reported, because if someone reports you for something you didn't do, then they'll look at the report, check the validity, and then nothing would happen unless it was valid.

Back