streets_test.vpk corrupt, pak01.vpk is corrupt, etc...verify integrity of files

versapally

constantly getting these errors randomly, can play a whole night without seeing one, then one night I'm plagued with them. It messed up my steam to the point where the game won't launch, it won't verify integrity of the files, or download the new files (downloading content stays at 0%) and I have to close steam out multiple times before it will do anything again.

Finally verify, everything is downloaded and verified and getting these after being in game for 60 seconds.

Installed on an SSD with multiple other games installed on the same drive in steam and not in steam and not a single one has an issue except this one.

1721268892478.png

Last edited:
Same issue here down to the inability to launch the game, I have to do a full reinstall for it work and I get an abandon because I can't rejoin in time :(

Has any dev commented on this? This looks like the thread with the most comments. I have this issue all the time. Usually it takes upwards of 4 redownloads before I can even play a game or two. Then I play 3 games and it happens all over again. Or god forbid there's an update. I made a forum account for this specific reason since its been so bad.

I disabled AMD EXPO (and updated my bios, but I doubt that was the fix) and I haven't had the issue since (played a lot for 3 days, was happening many times a day before). So try that for a temporary fix. EXPO doesn't cause issues in other games so I hope there's something they can do to make Deadlock play nice with it, if that is indeed the problem.

I think this is a source 2 issue (assuming deadlock is running on s2). Used to happen to me with dota, and while researching how to fix it, I came across others in CS2 having the same issue. It's infuriating, because you can't restart the game after, and sometimes you also can't even heed the error advice and verify integrity of your files because it just gets stuck at 0%.

This creates a horrible experience when you get a temporary ban as a result. I've looked everywhere and can't find a single dev acknowledgment across forums and github issues.

Back