Streamer dies, leaves game and immediately queues for another game. All while streaming.

If people leave, it's the fault of the game design. More proof that nobody wants to wait 60 seconds death queue. Nobody wants to farm for 15 minutes to get good stuff then not able to play after death.
It's supposed to be punishing to die. It opens up space for your team to push objectives. There is a reward in getting pick offs. If there was no respawn time it'd be pretty mindless.

It's supposed to be punishing to die. It opens up space for your team to push objectives. There is a reward in getting pick offs. If there was no respawn time it'd be pretty mindless.
There is no justifying 70 second respawn times. TF2 doesn't need 70 second respawn times because movement is super fast, maps are small and you don't need to farm some mindless npc 66% of the game to not fall behind. Game design issue. I don't care if you come from dota or one of its clones, that sort of stuff doesn't belong in shooters. If you don't adress any of these issues you will always have losing team, dying player feel frustrated, cheated on and rage.

Go and watch any of the replays in which you won. You will notice in all cases losing players start flaming and calling each other "bots", insults. Game itself is the issue. Such a shame deadlock is the best modern shooters offer. What a time to be alive.

There is no justifying 70 second respawn times. TF2 doesn't need 70 second respawn times because movement is super fast, maps are small and you don't need to farm some mindless npc 66% of the game to not fall behind. Game design issue. I don't care if you come from dota or one of its clones, that sort of stuff doesn't belong in shooters. If you don't adress any of these issues you will always have losing team, dying player feel frustrated, cheated on and rage.

Go and watch any of the replays in which you won. You will notice in all cases losing players start flaming and calling each other "bots", insults. Game itself is the issue. Such a shame deadlock is the best modern shooters offer. What a time to be alive.
Kind of losing the topic at this point, but I'm writing this anyway.
Failing to keep up with farm isn't the problem with 70 second respawn times, I find being dead sucks more because buildings die much too fast. Dying is punishing during the late game in a moba for a reason, and I really don't find issue with the length itself. Towers and walkers get melted if two people show up to hit them, walkers die in a split second if the creep wave makes it over to them even if no heroes are present, etc. There are plenty of comeback mechanics in the game to make one or two smart fights or pushes create enough value to fix a 30 AP disadvantage even at high MMR.

People on the losing team flaming and raging is just what I expect from free to play games these days, especially mobas like Deadlock. You have people who, even in a playtest that confesses that it is not yet balanced, want to try their hardest to win every lobby, and are trying to play whatever they feel will give them the greatest chance of achieving that. So when farming net worth for 30 minutes and not taking objectives doesn't work out, they start blaming others. Toxicity being a problem on the losing team would be the case even if respawns were instant.

Kind of losing the topic at this point, but I'm writing this anyway.
Failing to keep up with farm isn't the problem with 70 second respawn times, I find being dead sucks more because buildings die much too fast. Dying is punishing during the late game in a moba for a reason, and I really don't find issue with the length itself. Towers and walkers get melted if two people show up to hit them, walkers die in a split second if the creep wave makes it over to them even if no heroes are present, etc. There are plenty of comeback mechanics in the game to make one or two smart fights or pushes create enough value to fix a 30 AP disadvantage even at high MMR.

People on the losing team flaming and raging is just what I expect from free to play games these days, especially mobas like Deadlock. You have people who, even in a playtest that confesses that it is not yet balanced, want to try their hardest to win every lobby, and are trying to play whatever they feel will give them the greatest chance of achieving that. So when farming net worth for 30 minutes and not taking objectives doesn't work out, they start blaming others. Toxicity being a problem on the losing team would be the case even if respawns were instant.
People are toxic because they are held hostage in an unfun game. They can't just leave and join a new game without getting the 1 hour ban. So they stay in a game they don't want to stay and obviously get toxic.

What you think is right and wrong doesn't matter. The reality speaks for itself. This is the result of trying to police the player behavior, matchmaking instead of regular servers, dota elements (which is a very flawed genre and another can of worms) in a shooter.

If game was fun people wouldn't be mad.
The end.

The reality speaks for itself.
Reality that people have anger management problem? Yeah they do and they should go to psychotherapist instead of playing multiplayer game or streaming on twitch their fits of rage.

Long games are always winnable by both sides, if you have never experienced comeback I don't know what to say.

Maybe they should prioritize making low priority queue where all rage quitters can jerk each other while leaving normal people to play together.

On a playtest forum maybe a player is allowed to give his opinion on a game he's testing.
well by that logic, since this in fact a play test of the game, this player is spoiling the testing environment by deliberately abandoning the game.
A lot of players are forgetting that this is an unfinished game and are taking their playtime FAR too seriously. Nothing wrong with being competitive, that's the nature of these types of games. But you can't let that frustration spoil the test for everyone else. Too many times have I been unable to play out my build because someone in the game abandons because of a lousy laning phase. It sucks and there should be a matchmaking penalty for leavers. If they can't handle it then they shouldn't be here.

I just feel as though the game has to end and these death timers open up the space to do that.
TF2 payload would like have a word with you.
It sounds like you'd rather be playing TF2. It's still there.

Any sane person who played moba within 10 minute window can tell the game is over.
I had sooo many games where it was "over" in first 10 minutes and then we struggled for the next 20 minutes and came back winning with out weakined patron chilling on the base for the 80% of the match. dude, expirienced players are just prof deformed and somehow "toxic" (not to use this word to negativly). We won so many matches when people suddenly desided to communicate on 30th minute and started playing coordinated.

It's a bit like everywhere else, unfortunately....While it's a simple playtest...I hope the penalties will be more severe

I had sooo many games where it was "over" in first 10 minutes and then we struggled for the next 20 minutes and came back winning with out weakined patron chilling on the base for the 80% of the match. dude, expirienced players are just prof deformed and somehow "toxic" (not to use this word to negativly). We won so many matches when people suddenly desided to communicate on 30th minute and started playing coordinated.
Also, I made a game where I lead the game, then all my team members left and I found myself alone with 5 players...

If people leave, it's the fault of the game design. More proof that nobody wants to wait 60 seconds death queue. Nobody wants to farm for 15 minutes to get good stuff then not able to play after death.
60 seconds is late game. Its like 20 at the beginning. Tiktok has ruined everyone's ability to bear a minute of not being stimulated.

Reality that people have anger management problem? Yeah they do and they should go to psychotherapist instead of playing multiplayer game or streaming on twitch their fits of rage.

Long games are always winnable by both sides, if you have never experienced comeback I don't know what to say.

Maybe they should prioritize making low priority queue where all rage quitters can jerk each other while leaving normal people to play together.

Reality is that environment breeds anger or happy thoughts. Moba breeds anger thoughts. It's that simple. Psychological warfare 101.

Back