Random latency issues

pearcake193

Hi!
After last major patch I've started experiencing random latency issues that look like connection lag - my hero teleports, rubber-bands, and red flashing indicator appears in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Whats weird is that ping stays pretty low, and my internet channel is not being used by anything else than Deadlock and Discord. Usually this issue occurs from start to finish of a certain random match, but then completely disappears in the next one.
It also looks like proximity of certain allied/enemy hero causes lag to become much much worse, as in peer-to-peer networked games when one of the players has slow internet or high ping. At the same time, my friends who play with me in the same match do not experience those issues at all.

Its certainly not my PC or internet - I have decent connection (200mbs+) 4070, i7 14k and latest Samsung SSD with 16gb of ram, and again, before last major patch I did not had these issues at all.

I've already tried a bunch of things - monitored my internet/wifi router load during laggy matches, updated drivers, etc, and started to think that I'm going crazy - but then I looked up in Discord and Reddit and seems like a lot of people experience similar things after last patch, and they also confirmed that proximity of certain heroes increased rubber banding and overall lagginess.

So please investigate it if possible.

Cheers,
Pear

Hi!
After last major patch I've started experiencing random latency issues that look like connection lag - my hero teleports, rubber-bands, and red flashing indicator appears in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Whats weird is that ping stays pretty low, and my internet channel is not being used by anything else than Deadlock and Discord. Usually this issue occurs from start to finish of a certain random match, but then completely disappears in the next one.
It also looks like proximity of certain allied/enemy hero causes lag to become much much worse, as in peer-to-peer networked games when one of the players has slow internet or high ping. At the same time, my friends who play with me in the same match do not experience those issues at all.

Its certainly not my PC or internet - I have decent connection (200mbs+) 4070, i7 14k and latest Samsung SSD with 16gb of ram, and again, before last major patch I did not had these issues at all.

I've already tried a bunch of things - monitored my internet/wifi router load during laggy matches, updated drivers, etc, and started to think that I'm going crazy - but then I looked up in Discord and Reddit and seems like a lot of people experience similar things after last patch, and they also confirmed that proximity of certain heroes increased rubber banding and overall lagginess.

So please investigate it if possible.

Cheers,
Pear
I have the same issue but it happens to me like 30 minutes into a game, I thought maybe memory leak but it isn't and my connection can't be either since my ping stays like 20-30ms and my fps is also high according to the bottom right display.

I had this issue in august, the first week of the invite testing going public, and then it stopped with the next patch, and now it started again this patch on the 17th or 19th of September or whenever it was.

But also it can't be latency because today it happened to me in the downloaded replay which is local.
I thought it was my Nvidia drivers so I updated them last night had 2 games without the issue and I thought it fixed it, then the next game it happened and I had to close the game and restart it, and then after the match when I wanted to check my replay it happened in the replay function too.

I made a screencap with the console open maybe it helps to find the problem, but it feels like the whole program starts to fall apart since even in the replay when I tried to move the console around or swap viewpoints it was lagging and rubber-banding back and forth.

Attachments

Last edited:
I was fighting a greytalon last night and I shot 30meters back and then slide sideways off the walkway randomly as well. Also noticed some rubberbanding, though it seemed to end when the guy disconnected 2minutes later. Really odd, though could have been some random network issue somewhere between me and the server.

I have the same issue but it happens to me like 30 minutes into a game, I thought maybe memory leak but it isn't and my connection can't be either since my ping stays like 20-30ms and my fps is also high according to the bottom right display.

I had this issue in august, the first week of the invite testing going public, and then it stopped with the next patch, and now it started again this patch on the 17th or 19th of september or whenever it was.

But also it can't be latency because it happens to me in the downloaded replay which is local.
I thought it was my Nvidia drivers so I updated them last night had 2 games without the issue and I thought it fixed it, then the next game it happened and I had to close the game and restart it, and then after the match when I wanted to check my replay it happened in the replay function too.

I made a screencap with the console open maybe it helps to find the problem, but it feels like the whole program starts to fall apart since even in the replay when I tried to move the console around or swap viewpoints it was lagging and rubber-banding back and forth.
Uploaded to youtube so people don't have to download the video:

I used Vulcan since the performance was generally more stable on Vulcan before and had higher fps with it in general, I switched to Dx11 thinking maybe that was the issue, and for now I haven't had the bug, played 3 games and watched 1 replay if the last week is something to go by then it should have happened by now for sure. So maybe if you have the same issue swap from Vulcan to dx11 or the other way around.

Back