Problems with Hero Names in game.

TMtwelve

The following situation has been occurring frequently:
The SA server has players from Brazil and all over Latin America. Brazil is the only country that speaks Portuguese, while in the other LATAM countries, the language is Spanish-LATAM. And the names of the heroes have been translated into Brazilian Portuguese. This has been causing communication problems, since the characters in the game in Portuguese have different names than those used in Spanish-LATAM (the original names of the characters).

In one of my games, we were communicating about game situations and characters like BRUMA (Haze), MALA (Pocket), ADAGA (Shiv) and others. And our friends from neighboring LATAM countries who speak and play in Spanish did not understand which characters we were talking about, hindering communication and understanding for everyone in the game as we try to win the game.

With this in mind, I ask once again that you keep the ORIGINAL names of the characters in all languages, so that this type of problem does not occur and the game maintains this globalized aspect as we see in other competitive games.

@Valve @Yoshi

1726177943525.png

Thats true. Sometime "MALA" is "BOLSO", "VISCOSO" is "DOLYNHO", and other things like that. Same name in the all languages is gonna be better.

The same thing with item names, I believe that keeping the original item name for all languages and just translating its description would be of great value for this communication problem in regions with servers with more than one language.

Back