Potential weird thing with Kinetic Carbine

Valyree

I may just somehow be goofing this up.

I was testing a build in sandbox and noticed a significant damage inconsistency when firing Kinetic Carbine while moving backwards. Maybe I'm just not understanding a mechanic but it felt a little weird to be intentional. gif and image of build below in case you wish to test. When using no items however I could not replicate the 300 damage difference. Perhaps something to do with speed? Idk its 2 am and I might just be crazy sorry if thats the case.

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.gif
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.gif
    114.5 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
It's not a bug, and moving backwards doesn't change it one way or another. :)

You are missing the damage from Improved Burst on the second hit. The item description states: "Targets are immune to the effects of Improved Burst for 5s after taking damage from it."
The 300 damage difference on the second hit is exactly the 10% of the target bot's Max Health that Improved Burst would have done if it triggered:

no_burst.jpg

You are missing the damage from Improved Burst on the second hit. The item description states: "Targets are immune to the effects of Improved Burst for 5s after taking damage from it."
The absent 300 damage on the second hit are exactly the 10% of the target bot's Max Health that Improved Burst would have done if it triggered:

View attachment 16142
Thanks

The 300 damage difference on the second hit is exactly the 10% of the target bot's Max Health that Improved Burst would have done if it triggered:

View attachment 16142
Ha, thats 2 am brain for ya. Thank you for the wisdom.

Back