Phanton Thief [Support/Mobility]

Linkhell

Inspiration:
I have this idea since i returned to play Pokemon United, in the game we have Sableye a annoying as fuck stealth support that needs to snowball the game as quickly as possible because he doesent scales vary well, so tried in this Hero translate the gameplay of sableye to Deadlock but with my twists.

As the Desing i have some sketches but my drawing skills are questionable so i will just try to put the moodboard of the char here!

The main inspiration is the character Arsène Lupin from the french writer Maurice Leblanc, The book become so popular in japan that the term Kaitō simbolizing any ficition character thats is a unbelievable thief with top notch skills that makes Impossible Robberies and escapes every single time.

1725307148891.png1725307173804.png1725307203190.png

The design would be a fusion of a Demon with a Masked Kaitō

As the gameplay the focus is make a early game bully that can snowballs really fast, roams and helps other lanes and make the team grows as a whole, but in the mid/end game slowly start to be outpaced and renegated to play more of a support that can make situational pick-off or flanks (Or just steal someone weapon and destroy lol), you won't be a burden to your team late game but you will need play vary well with your low health pool and situationaL damage:

- Gun:

Phantom Thief uses a Whitney Wolverine 22, a Gun made in 1956 with a Retro Futuristic style.

1725307329326.png

• Ammo: 10
  • Bullet Damage: 40
  • DPS: 85
  • Fire Rate: 1,7 bullets per sec
  • Bullets per shot: 2 Ammo
- Vitality:
  • Max Health: 550
  • Health Regen: 2
  • Bullet Resist: 0%
  • Spirit Resist: 0%
  • Move Speed: 6.5m/s
  • Sprint Speed: 3m/s

- Power Increases:

• Base Bullet Damage Scaling: 0.50
  • Base Melee Damage: 3.2 Base Melee Damage
  • 4.2 Base Health

- Abilities:

1 – Leap of Feith:

Active: You jumps towards a area dealing Spirit damage, the higher you start you jump the longest the jump goes

*you can cancel the jump at any time by clicking 1 or dashing

Ability Points:

1- Cooldown Reduction
2- + Damage
5- Creates a area after the landing that Increases the Fire Rate of yourself and allies neraby

2 – Mag Snatcher (1 Charge):

Passive: You can see the Ammo of Enemies and when they start Reloading in the range of your line of sight.

When you activate your next shot will deal Extra Spirit Damage with Shotgun Propieties*, Enemies Damaged by this ability have a Part of their Ammo Stealed**

• The stealed ammount is based in a Percentage to balance against low/high ammo characters, here's a exemple of a formula:

(Skill initial %*+ 25% of the enemy mag + 17%) = Total Snatched

Lets suppose that you have a Skill Initial percentage of 10% and a Improved Spirit and a quicksilver reload ( Total Spirit Power)

Vs Bebop:

10% + ( 16,5 + 17%) = 19,405 ---- allways rounded doward = 19 Ammo Snatched

Vs Abrams

10% + (2,25 + 17%) = 2,73 ----- allways rounded doward = 2 Ammo Snatched

Note: i am really bad at math and i have no idea if this would really work in-game, its just a idea to make balance and make the snatch fair.

*Bullet Damage: 5 (frags in 5 parts) ( Base Bullet Damage scaling: 0.90)
**The Ammo stealed can exceed the Max ammout of Ammo and deals Extra Weapon Damage until you shorts all the Extra Ammo or a time passes

Ability Points:

1- +1 Charge
2- Increased Stealed Ammo Percentage
5- Stealed Enemies that are Reloading or would start a Reload after the Steal will be Stuned

3–Flashbang:

Deals Spirit Damage and makes the target Blind*

*Blinded heroes Shoots at random places dealing Damage to anything that the fire deals Damage (even allies), stops channeling

Ability Points:

1- + Damage
2- +1s Confusion duration
5- Gains a area of effect that has a area of 2m²

4 – Weapon Trader:

You Exchange your weapon stats with your Target for a couple of seconds*, you gain all the propeties of the target weapon.

* Ammo, Bullet Damage, DPS, Fire Rate, Bullets per shoot (The stats are increased with based in your Spirit, the calc would be like: Base stat + % based of your Spirit)
  • Purges can deny the effect but the Phantom Thief will continue with the gun copy
  • You dont recieve the items buffs, only the Weapon base stats
Ability Points:

1- +Cooldown Reduction
2- + More time with the traded weapon
5- Steals a Percentage of the enemy Spirit/Bullet Resist (Scales with Spirit)

I don't have really a lore to explore with the character just the gameplay concept, feel free to create a idea in the comments!, Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Hmm... :unsure:

The inspiration is solid. The element that I like most about this design is the ability that allows you to see when enemies are reloading, and allows you to steal their ammo. I think there are a lot of ways you could go about this, and this is a pretty good way to do it.

I don't care for how you've handled Blind, and I'm not convinced that trading base weapon properties with the enemy is really an effective ability at all.

If I were to build on this design, I would look at his ability to steal ammo, and focus on his ability to excel in early game trades, while thinking about how you can maximize the effectiveness of stealing ammo as the game draws on into the later stages. I don't think you necessarily need an ability that has you stealing your opponents weapon to sell the theme.

I like the design inspiration, it looks fitting for in the game and would look like an interesting character.

For its weapon, it makes no sense to have 10 ammo and use 2 ammo per shot but shoot a single projectile. I suggest just keeping it 1 bullet per shot to not make things complicated for no reason.

I like the idea of having a decent/high base sprintspeed bonus on a character by default, without having the highest normal speed.

Abilities;
The First ability almost looks like a carbon copy of Abrams ultimate, with some inspiration from Lash. Not a fan of adding another generic jump ability in the game.

The second ability where you can tell the ammo of an enemy is realy nice and opens up some tactical gameplay options. Im not sure if/how the stealing of ammo would work and if there should be other balance options, like turning off the passive for example. But its a soft version of Silence/disable so its not bad at all, and could be used both defensively and offensively. I like this ability concept a lot.

Flashbang the third ability needs to have some counterplay. Lobbing an AoE effect at enemies and all of a sudden they both lose control but also start shooting one another, would be the most powerful thing you could bring to a teamfight. Prehaps the flashbang could be an object that takes time to explode or even a mine. That way you would throw it at enemies and they would have to scatter out of its radius if they dont want to get its effect. This honnestly feels a little bit like an ultimate ability.

Weapon Trader makes no sense as an ability. You either have a weak base weapon and swap it with enemies before a fight every time, or you never use it at all, since the gun you are wielding is just as good or better. If you want some weapon swap like ability, it might be better to simply have 2 weapons, the pistol and a shotgun or something like that. The ultimate lets you swap to a weapon with limited ammo or time, and you then swap back. But it might even be a better idea to rework the ultimate ability entirely into something more unique and fun.

All in all, a solid concept with some nice ideas.

I like the design inspiration, it looks fitting for in the game and would look like an interesting character.

For its weapon, it makes no sense to have 10 ammo and use 2 ammo per shot but shoot a single projectile. I suggest just keeping it 1 bullet per shot to not make things complicated for no reason.

I like the idea of having a decent/high base sprintspeed bonus on a character by default, without having the highest normal speed.

Abilities;
The First ability almost looks like a carbon copy of Abrams ultimate, with some inspiration from Lash. Not a fan of adding another generic jump ability in the game.

The second ability where you can tell the ammo of an enemy is realy nice and opens up some tactical gameplay options. Im not sure if/how the stealing of ammo would work and if there should be other balance options, like turning off the passive for example. But its a soft version of Silence/disable so its not bad at all, and could be used both defensively and offensively. I like this ability concept a lot.

Flashbang the third ability needs to have some counterplay. Lobbing an AoE effect at enemies and all of a sudden they both lose control but also start shooting one another, would be the most powerful thing you could bring to a teamfight. Prehaps the flashbang could be an object that takes time to explode or even a mine. That way you would throw it at enemies and they would have to scatter out of its radius if they dont want to get its effect. This honnestly feels a little bit like an ultimate ability.

Weapon Trader makes no sense as an ability. You either have a weak base weapon and swap it with enemies before a fight every time, or you never use it at all, since the gun you are wielding is just as good or better. If you want some weapon swap like ability, it might be better to simply have 2 weapons, the pistol and a shotgun or something like that. The ultimate lets you swap to a weapon with limited ammo or time, and you then swap back. But it might even be a better idea to rework the ultimate ability entirely into something more unique and fun.

All in all, a solid concept with some nice ideas.
Thank you for the feedback, i agree that the 1 is a bit of generic, is the skill that i passed minus time thinking, the idea of the flashbang being the ult could be more fun.

I will go back and redesing some aspects to polish a little more (i dont know if i can repost or i will just edit but whareaver)

Back