Parrying often fails even with low ping

With 30ms ping, if I activate parry let's say 200ms before a melee attack will land, the parry will fail and I will still be hit. I see the parry cooldown icon appear when this happens. I've experienced something similar when using Yamato's ult, I don't think it's exclusive to parrying (but it's certainly one of the more annoying instances)

And it happened to me, ping 70. But when Abrams comes to my soul. It does not work to parry it even in 100% cases of accurate pressing timing..

Match ID: 16837139
Hero: Warden
Timestamps: 2:05, 5:20
Ping: 25ms

In these cases I was using parry directly after a dash/stun, though I've experienced it when just running around as well. If it's helpful to provide a video to show when the parry was clicked I can start recording.

Match ID: 16837139
Hero: Warden
Timestamps: 2:05, 5:20
Ping: 25ms

In these cases I was using parry directly after a dash/stun, though I've experienced it when just running around as well. If it's helpful to provide a video to show when the parry was clicked I can start recording.
In both those examples you quite clearly parried after the melee attack hit and damaged you…

View attachment cm.mp4

Right, the whole point is that I am seeing the parry on my client prior to getting hit, but on the server it's late, despite low ping
yep basically this, the game netcode is not perfect. things like parry, bebop hook and jiggle peeking is broken.

Back