pak01.vpk corrupt - cannot restart game after crash - resulting abandon

scmarlatt15

My game randomly crashes saying the game failed to validate the integrity of the game file pak01.vpk and then when I attempt to restart, my steam client shows the game "downloading" and stuck at 0%

Scoured subreddits for dota2 and cs2 looking for answers here as well. This issue plagued me in dota2, which leads me to believe it's a source 2 problem. I've seen tons of posts in this forum reporting the issue with no response whatsoever. I've looked everywhere for a dev response including github issues for other games, none found.

Can someone PLEASE acknowledge this? Am I supposed to stop playing the game entirely just so that I don't get permabanned for leaving before it's fixed?

ref: https://forums.playdeadlock.com/thr...ten-and-now-getting-banned-for-leaving.23117/

i got this problem from yesterday a minor update was applied automatically, i cannot even get into game for every time the pak01.vpk error was raised, even reinstall several times and update AMD drivers to latest version cannot help1726750778950.png

Back