Other programs randomly crash and reopen after game freezes

flwn

Sometimes when playing, the game randomly freezes for a moment and crashes other programs like Steam or Discord. It's really annoying because when Steam opens it tabs me out mid-fight.

I was playing private bot match, no clue if this happens to me in playtests yet.

This same issue has been happening to me across a variety of matches (both bot matches and against actual players). My game does not freeze but randomly it will crash my Discord program. This may happen anywhere from 0-5 or more times in a single match. I am lead to believe that the crash occurs because of something GPU or Graphics Driver related. The issue only occurs for me while in a match, never on the main menu. One distinctive characteristic about the issue for me is that while I am playing the game and the game is focused, Discord on my other monitor is awfully sluggish. If I unfocus the game, Discord seems to "catch back up".

EDIT: I've swapped the Rendering Engine of my game from DirectX 11 to Vulkan and I have fixed the issue. Maybe an issue with DX11?

Last edited:
I fixed the issue by switching my programs like Spotify and Discord to not use hardware acceleration and that fixed it as well, still kind of annoying though.

Back