mystic/improved burst thresholds & spirit resist/amp

flim

the threshhold of damage for abilities that can proc mystic/improved burst can be affected by spirit resist but not spirit/damage amp it seems. this can result in cases where an ability does over 125 damage, but still does not proc improved burst. Doesn't seem like this should be the case based on the wording of mystic/improved burst, not to mention it can make these items useless if people have enough spirit resist

This is actually simply incorrect, amp does affect the threshold for improved burst, so does spirit resist. I attached a video where demonstrate this using an ability that deals 121 damage while I have soul shredder bullets. Without the amp from soul shredder bullets improved burst does not proc, however, with the amp from soul shredder bullets active, improved burst is activating. I've tested this in various ways and keep confirming that spirit amp does in fact affect the threshold of improved burst, so does damage amp (which Shiv gets at maximum rage).

There is, however, some kind of bug that exists when both resistances and spirit/damage amp are in the picture. The threshold seems to move well above the 125 mark. In the second video I included, I threw multiple knives at a target dummy with 54% spirit resist while I had escalating exposure and improved burst. The first knife dealt 81 damage, the second knife dealt 139 damage with existing exposure stacks on the target, note that the target also had -15% spirit resist at this point from escalating exposure; here, 139 damage did not proc improved burst. A third knife dealt 171 spirit damage still without procing improved burst. 4th knife dealt 186 still without procing improved burst.

At this point the 5th knife in the video procced improved burst, it does much more damage and I in part verified it was max health damage by adding more health increasing items to the dummy which increased the damage of this 5th knife; however I have the +25% damage from having max rage. After this point I kept up my rage by attacking another dummy while the amp stacks fell off of the first one, with no amp stacks but the 25% damage from max rage, I also used 1 ability (which would've applied 2 amp stacks and reduced the enemy's resistance by 15%), the dagger did 145 damage in this case and didn't proc improved burst; without the 2 amp stacks my damage should've been at 129.5 with rage, so rage damage isn't what's pushing it over 125 damage to proc improved burst.

EDIT: Posted too early, figured I needed a test with just escalating exposure. I don't have the video capture of it but suffice it to say just using escalating exposure to boost something above 125 doesn't work. At this point I think I've figured things out. Amp from soul shredder bullets does work towards the threshold, amp from escalating exposure does not. Shiv's damage bonus from max rage does work towards the threshold. Shiv specifically can be under the threshold while at full rage, and be put over the threshold by escalating exposure with full rage active which is weird. It seems like escalating exposure applied to damage bonuses could work towards the threshold.

Attachments

Last edited:
This is actually simply incorrect, amp does affect the threshold for improved burst, so does spirit resist. I attached a video where demonstrate this using an ability that deals 121 damage while I have soul shredder bullets. Without the amp from soul shredder bullets improved burst does not proc, however, with the amp from soul shredder bullets active, improved burst is activating. I've tested this in various ways and keep confirming that spirit amp does in fact affect the threshold of improved burst, so does damage amp (which Shiv gets at maximum rage).

There is, however, some kind of bug that exists when both resistances and spirit/damage amp are in the picture. The threshold seems to move well above the 125 mark. In the second video I included, I threw multiple knives at a target dummy with 54% spirit resist while I had escalating exposure and improved burst. The first knife dealt 81 damage, the second knife dealt 139 damage with existing exposure stacks on the target, note that the target also had -15% spirit resist at this point from escalating exposure; here, 139 damage did not proc improved burst. A third knife dealt 171 spirit damage still without procing improved burst. 4th knife dealt 186 still without procing improved burst.

At this point the 5th knife in the video procced improved burst, it does much more damage and I in part verified it was max health damage by adding more health increasing items to the dummy which increased the damage of this 5th knife; however I have the +25% damage from having max rage. After this point I kept up my rage by attacking another dummy while the amp stacks fell off of the first one, with no amp stacks but the 25% damage from max rage, I also used 1 ability (which would've applied 2 amp stacks and reduced the enemy's resistance by 15%), the dagger did 145 damage in this case and didn't proc improved burst; without the 2 amp stacks my damage should've been at 129.5 with rage, so rage damage isn't what's pushing it over 125 damage to proc improved burst.

EDIT: Posted too early, figured I needed a test with just escalating exposure. I don't have the video capture of it but suffice it to say just using escalating exposure to boost something above 125 doesn't work. At this point I think I've figured things out. Amp from soul shredder bullets does work towards the threshold, amp from escalating exposure does not. Shiv's damage bonus from max rage does work towards the threshold. Shiv specifically can be under the threshold while at full rage, and be put over the threshold by escalating exposure with full rage active which is weird. It seems like escalating exposure applied to damage bonuses could work towards the threshold.
thank you for your thouroughness

Amp from soul shredder bullets does work towards the threshold, amp from escalating exposure does not.
The reason for this is that Escalating Exposure deals its stackable percentual bonus damage like skills with stackable percentual bonus damage (Infernus, Pocket, Paradox, and Lady Geist), where it's a separate damage instance, contrary to Soul Shredder Bullets and other non-stackable damage amplification (Mo&Krill and McGinnes).

1726050559504.png

The reason for this is that Escalating Exposure deals its stackable percentual bonus damage like skills with stackable percentual bonus damage (Infernus, Pocket, Paradox, and Lady Geist), where it's a separate damage instance, contrary to Soul Shredder Bullets and other non-stackable damage amplification (Mo&Krill and McGinnes).
Oh this information was really insightful.

Back