Mort, the Graveyard Keeper [character idea]

1727272862137.png
Btw big appreciation towards this guy for drawing the guy, because i could never do it as w ell as he did it in my artstyle

Chases and prevents enemies from getting stronger

Mort keeps his enemies in check, from being able to chase down anyone to preventing enemies getting souls. By pulling out his Cemetery Records, he can be anywhere anytime when the time calls for it.

Abilities

1727273677662.png
1. Death's Touch - release a projectile where skeleton-like hands appear from the ground on an area it hits, any targets in that area provide lifesteal and are greatly slowed (and cannot use a dash to get out if fully upgraded), however it takes like 1.5-2 seconds to pop out with distinct earth whirring noise when its about to come out

name is a reference to the binding of isaac lol

1727273685491.png
2. Corpse Run - This Guy pulls out a shovel and slowly charges up an attack with a shovel, he also gets insane speed up (and speeds up the longer he charges it upon full upgrade), on top of it his stamina regenerates faster. When enemy is hit with a shovel they are stunned, and the duration varies based on how long did the charge up on a shovel had took.

You instantly loose the effect forcing it to be on cooldown if you climb any obstacle to help in countering it by being on highground
also name is a reference to a mechanic in mmos as well as some rpgs where player gets defence and speed boosts for collecting their loot where they died

1727273695709.png
3. Dead Silence - causes this guy to make any souls, counting the ones from neutrals even if enemy killed them in range of this ability instantly get into his account instead, preventing collection of souls for the enemy player by benefiting mort instead, the range is small and you increase it with upgrades

sorry for bad icon, i didnt have ideas for it :(((((

1727273708772.png
4. Cemetery Records - Allows this guy to teleport to any recently deceased by an enemy player minion/neutral on any given lane, it allows him to basically teleport and deny a farm from happening, it allows him to choose where he wants to teleport and to neutral or to a minion and on which lane by short sequence of number presses (1-4 for choosing a lane and 1-2 if you want choose neutral or a minion)

upgrades give you temporary bullet resistance upon tp

full upgrade restores any shields and provides short although potent lifesteal buff

His gun would be a mixture of a tommy gun and a sawed off shotgun, being extremely dangerous up close due to rapid shotgun fire, but having a pitiful clip to back this up as well as horrible spread of bullets because fast shooting shotguns aint the accurate ones
1727274910032.png

Sadly no lore for this guy because i can't think of one that's great while simultaneously tying it into the lore, what i can tell is that he is a living dead body awakened by the whole shtick with Maelstorm, kinda like vindicta but way more rotten and decayed, his job when he died has not changed at all when he resurrected. You can go nuts and suggest your lore for this guy, i'm willing to hear everyone out on this

Denying soul collection seems kinda OP, to balance it, he should have to proc certain enemy or ally minions with a debuff or mark in advance. Like a Shiv dagger that can hit ally minions as well. Last hitting it would give gold immediately, but if the enemy last hits it should still be up for grabs. You know?

I like the Idea, I would definitely play him. Even though I see him turning into a hard tank cc boss if anything. Which is ok. Deadlock doesnt have too many hard engage cc tanks. Hopefull he doesnt do too much dmg.

I like the Idea, I would definitely play him. Even though I see him turning into a hard tank cc boss if anything. Which is ok. Deadlock doesnt have too many hard engage cc tanks. Hopefull he doesnt do too much dmg.
he wouln't do much damage, more like, a lot of damage in short period, but non lethal no matter what due to clip being tiny

as for the denying soul collection thing, it's mostly to make enemies focus him instead of neutrals when they are farming neutral camps, the idea is basically "hey bitchass quit farming and fight me instead", i understand that it is incredibly powerful in laning phase which is fair and tbh your suggestion that if enemy shoots the soul of your dead minion, they keep the souls, but if they fizzle out while mort has his ability in range, mort gets it instead, so this character teaches players to always shoot souls or enemy benefits, this is a great suggestion indeed

he could also audibly say "better change your focus" when he casts it so enemy knows he is using it

Last edited:
Rather than disabling dashes, why not make the first ability take away a stamina when it hits? At higher tier, 2 stamina.
The second sounds like a very long charged melee. Interesting. Three sounds either OP or terrible, with no inbetween.
Fourth sounds kinda dull.

Rather than disabling dashes, why not make the first ability take away a stamina when it hits? At higher tier, 2 stamina.
The second sounds like a very long charged melee. Interesting. Three sounds either OP or terrible, with no inbetween.
Fourth sounds kinda dull.
first ability suggestion is a great one indeed, disabling dashes do seem kinda over the board and i thought so too but wasn't sure how to change that, your suggestion if good

second is basically that, long charged melee that stuns for a longer duration if you charge it longer

three has been nerfed for laning phase by forcing enemy to shoot souls to claim them, otherwise this guy claims em, the denying of souls from neutrals is intentional and is there to force enemy to focus mort first, perhaps you could balance it so if mort kills the neutrals during this ability being on, he doesn't gain any souls so it's only, and ONLY for denying enemy that tries to snowball by killing camps and not mort killing the camp himself, hope this way its more balanced

fourth is basically mirage ult but for lanes and neutral camps instead of players

3 - dead silence

deal damage and silence enemies around you, and claim any souls you hit, causing them to damage nearby enemies too.

3 - dead silence

deal damage and silence enemies around you, and claim any souls you hit, causing them to damage nearby enemies too.
Or this ability is targeted at a Soul: pop all souls in an area around the first one, dealing damage for each soul or get an dmg-buff for each soul.
Target a heroe: just do some damage

Or this ability is targeted at a Soul: pop all souls in an area around the first one, dealing damage for each soul or get an dmg-buff for each soul.
Target a heroe: just do some damage
the main idea behind dead silence was to prevent enemies from farming the neutral camps, basically putting a stop to a haze that's about to snowball for example, basically ability to prevent too major snowballing, the ult helps you get to the camps fast, and that ability denies enemies ability to profit and scatter, they must focus YOU to continue farming

tbh if i had to make up lore for this fella, i'd aim in pairing him with pocket being the only one knowing more than others about the case and giving him advice as well as sympathizing with shiv for having a life where he constantly have to check his back because mort gets attacked by looking like a ghoul pretty often

tbh if i had to make up lore for this fella, i'd aim in pairing him with pocket being the only one knowing more than others about the case and giving him advice as well as sympathizing with shiv for having a life where he constantly have to check his back because mort gets attacked by looking like a ghoul pretty often
You know, I think in an aristocratic society like the one Deadlock looks to be, I don't think undead people would be more welcome. What if Mort was like an experiment, some wizards trying to do necromancy, and seeing the results on himself Mort became some kind of Rogue who is fiercely against magicians and everyone who is going to toy with the lives of others? Some kind of vigilante that goes around the States hunting practicioners of black magic.

You know, I think in an aristocratic society like the one Deadlock looks to be, I don't think undead people would be more welcome. What if Mort was like an experiment, some wizards trying to do necromancy, and seeing the results on himself Mort became some kind of Rogue who is fiercely against magicians and everyone who is going to toy with the lives of others? Some kind of vigilante that goes around the States hunting practicioners of black magic.
that sounds great, but i imagined his lore to be more of not heroic, more of just straight out depressing and you feel bad for the guy

that sounds great, but i imagined his lore to be more of not heroic, more of just straight out depressing and you feel bad for the guy
That's what I meant, he's kind of a antihero, he's doing a good thing not because he's a good guy but because of anger and resentment. Like and evil batman with no remorse.

That's what I meant, he's kind of a antihero, he's doing a good thing not because he's a good guy but because of anger and resentment. Like and evil batman with no remorse.
i don't want this guy resentful and angry, he's calm and depressed type of guy, i mean even the art shows it kinda

Back