Major Lag Spike Late Match

Brock

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Rendering: Vulkan

Major lag spikes keep happening late into private games. Issue is not limited to private games, as it happened in an unranked match last night as well.
This game had two spikes: the first was post lane-phase, with enemies respawning at base. Lag was conditionally tied to looking in the direction of the enemy base.

The second spike happened end-game and was near my own patron. Pausing the game to check what resources the game was using, I came back and began recording and noticed animations repeating and ragdolls respawning where they didn't have a reason to. Following this, trying to move around resulted in the character model stretching out with heavy input delay (10+ seconds).

For context, my FPS usually holds around 70-80 in fights with no noticeable latency. Ping is also metered at 60-70ms normally. It appears that server CPU is spiking over 100% during the heavy lag spikes.
View attachment Desktop 2024.06.25 - 17.02.28.01 - 1080 audio fixed.mp4

This is happening to me nonstop. Server CPU is constantly above 80% and even goes into values that don't make sense like 143% and 117%. Constant freezes from the beginning of the match and all the way through. Ping and FPS are stable. Game is currently literally unplayable.

I think the issue goes further than original post suggests.

Update: Just hit 212% usage.

Last edited:
Did any of you also experience disconnects? I had disconnects even in a private bot match.

Did any of you also experience disconnects? I had disconnects even in a private bot match.
I never had a disconnect except at the end of the game in the video I posted. This was due to Steam servers going down for maintenance as the match ended though. Nothing related to the lag causing a disconnect yet.

Match Id : 170350

Not sure what happened. Desync issue? Had the same thing happen. console showed this:
View attachment 5056
Same bug happened a little before the time stamp on the image. Happened when abrams punched me (dynamo)
Match Id : 178816
cpu stat on the bottom right spikes over 100%
Reconnecting did not fix the issue, dying/respawning seems to help. dynamic bones of a character model seems to be causing the issue with the "desyncing" lag???

My gpu and cpu are :

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
RTX 4060 TI

Attachments

• project8_6kR3awCIRa.jpg
    project8_6kR3awCIRa.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Last edited:
As of the AMD Software Adrenaline update to 24.6.1 on my Radeon 6950XT and AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, it seems like the game is stuttering especially in the early parts of a match. FPS will steadily drop the longer the game runs as well.

Rendering in DX11

something in this recent patch made this bug worse. happened to all but one of my games today. Before today's patch, it was far less frequent.

As of the AMD Software Adrenaline update to 24.6.1 on my Radeon 6950XT and AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, it seems like the game is stuttering especially in the early parts of a match. FPS will steadily drop the longer the game runs as well.

Rendering in DX11
AMD screwed up with shader cache again in new driver, this it's not just in this game

Back