Keep Getting disconnect by VAC

LucioFGR

"Disconnected from Server" "Valve Anti-Cheat challenge timed out. Please ensure that you are not using any programs that may interfere with VAC. from this day 24/9/24 I keep getting the same error - already did : Restart PC - Unistall and install game again - Delete the Deadlock folder - Re-install Steam launcher and run the repair. but going on public match make me get kick from the game by VAC.

(IMG in SPA). anyone else is having the issue with this last quit is the third time.. with a penalty on the next match.

1727153603272.png

Same problem. I was disconnected right in the middle of the game, restarted the computer and still disconnects from the server, I have already closed all programs except discord nothing helps.

I've intalled the game yesterday and couldn't play yet, I can't even join the game. Just once (after verifying the files integrity) I could play for 3 minutes and got disconnected again.

Same for me. Tried restarting and removing any possible background software but no joy (Valorent anti cheat, etc).

Steam client is up to date

I went on vacation for a few days hoping they would've fixed this by now. No, still not even a response from devs about if they're working on it. Just can't play the game for almost a week now no biggie. This def doesn't kill player retention. Y'all finally made a character I actually really likes design and I haven't even gotten to play him ONCE. ;-;

Dealing with the same problem here. It has been going on for the last week. I have done everything I can think of to fix this.

EDIT: I want to add that after I restart my PC, reinstalling the game, etc I join a game to test if it worked only to get disconnected again. Then I get a two hour ban. So it is two hours before I can try again to see if anything I am doing is working. After my last disconnection it is showing that I am in a low priority queue. If I keep getting dropped I am worried that I will get hit with a bigger ban. It seems like the VAC issue can only be tested in an actual game. I am able to play sandbox mode and private bot matches no problem.

Last edited:
I've tried this one and it works like a champ:

The error may also indicate a Steam service failure. Please try repairing the Steam service:
1. Exit Steam.
2. Click Start > Run (Windows Key + R).
3. Type the following command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair
4. Launch Steam and test the issue again.
Note: This command requires administrator privileges and may take a few minutes. If you have installed Steam to another path, please replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam with the correct path.

I've tried this one and it works like a champ:

The error may also indicate a Steam service failure. Please try repairing the Steam service:
1. Exit Steam.
2. Click Start > Run (Windows Key + R).
3. Type the following command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair
4. Launch Steam and test the issue again.
Note: This command requires administrator privileges and may take a few minutes. If you have installed Steam to another path, please replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam with the correct path.
Tried this out with no luck unfortunately. It's just weird how random I get the vac issues though. Been playing games with vac forever and never had any issues until deadlock.

Back