Hugely variable ping from Australia / OCE Servers

Lima Beam

Hi Everyone/Developers,

I'm clocking in around 80 hours played now, in that time, ping from AUS seems to be wildly variable and at points unbearable.

Some of the time my ping is around 140, which while not great, it's still fairly playable. This is roughly the ping that my party-members also have. Around 130-140. Occasionally the pings will be around 200, which is where I feel the game starts to borderline unplayable. Shots are so hard to hit, and abilities pressed sometimes don't register correctly. I hear the sound, see the animation and then the ability is just back off cooldown waiting to be pressed. Sometimes my party members will have a locked 250 ping, it never goes up or down, just dead on 250. Usually when that happens, my ping is around 300 and the game is basically just a wash at that point. Nobody can land hits reliably and we just lose. Last night my ping started at 300, I paused the game and reset my router and then after that point my ping was locked at 540, and moving around wasn't possible anymore.

Using the steam overlay, the game is telling me it's connected to the same Hong Kong server, regardless of what my ping is. I'm playing on a network with no other devices connected. Often at 12am or 1am so the network traffic in my area would be completely dead (I live in an area where I'm the only person under the age of 60 and our population here is extremely low) - for comparison, my ping is around 20 in dota always, and 5 in L4D2 and other source 1 games.

I've heard of people suggesting third party software to route my network traffic manually to get better ping, but that seems a bit excessive, and likely won't solve the wild variations in the ping.

Anyone had any similar occurrences? Were you able to solve them? Am I doomed to deal with wild variation until the devs bless us with some of these?
Untitled.png

Thanks!

Yes as of 3-4 days ago I haven't been able to play deadlock. I used to get a stable ping of 35, now its permanently stuck on 130. Very frustrating!!!!:mad:

Back