Hero Concept: The Witness (yes the one from d2)

Chilla9001

FUCK THE LORE(most you guys don't read it anyways kek)

Witness.png

That's the guy from the title (the Witness from destiny 2)

How would they translate this guy into the game? Don't know, I'm just trying to make a cool, seemingly functional and balanced kit.

Basic attack : Pulchrokinesis Bullets : Inapplicable Reload : None

The Witness moves his hand with upmost finesse and purpose, forming a shard of glass and launching it at the enemy at varying speeds.

Press and release Mouse 1 for a single piercing projectile to fly out, or hold the button down to increase damage and projectile speed before releasing (Think Huntsman from Tf2), starts out with very low attack speed (like the huntsman) and infinite ammo. Reload upgrades instead reduce the amount of time needed to reach full charge, move slightly slower while charging. You can hold the charge indefinitely.

Witness attack slow gif.gif Imagine this, but with only 1 shard going out.

Ability 1 : Unfettered span Duration (until despawn) : 10 seconds Cooldown : 30 seconds

Press 1 to spawn a large open hand slightly above the ground, press and hold 1 to make the hand rise up in the air, granting a high vantage point to who ever stands on top of it. While standing on the hand, you gain increased dmg falloff distance and increased range for your other abilities. If the Witness walks off the hand or raises it while not on it, it will slowly lower back to the ground after a second of no inputs (IE no 1 presses).

Ability 2 : Mnemonic Resonance Duration (until despawn) : 5 seconds Cooldown : 30 seconds

Press 2 to spawn Large hands to the left of your model, they will be aimed in whatever direction you were looking before you cast the ability. Pressing 2 again will activate the hands, causing them to fire a beam of darkness energy that pierces solid objects and structures, deals minimal dmg and lingers for a very slight duration before disappearing along with the hands. Whoever is hit with the beam will be affected by a debuff that causes the memories of their path taken to be superimposed upon the real world (stick with me it's cool). The debuff causes the enemy's trail IE the whole distance they travelled in the last 5 seconds to appear (appears only to the player affected and the witness) on the physical map as an orange glowing trail for 5 seconds. Walking away from the trail will cause the debuffed target to get slowed exponentially the longer they stay off the trail. Slow does not reset when going on and off the trail, it only pauses when you are on the trail and starts growing again when off. Enemies cannot dash if they are off the trail. If the enemy was in the air in the last 5 seconds, the trail will show up beneath them on the floor. Remaining on the trail allows you to move as normal.
Slow scales with Spirit power.
Explained with pictures below
Before being hit by ability 2.jpgAfter being hit by ability 2.jpg

witness ability 2.gif Imagine this, but just 1 beam (ignore exploding little shits)

Ability 3 : Pandemonic Impetus Cooldown : 20 seconds

Press 3 to be able to cast the third skill, which is activated by then pressing either left-click or right-click. Depending on which is pressed, the witness will charge an attack, summoning multiple shards around him, slowing him if on the floor and causing him to float if charged while in mid-air, that explode on impact, curving either to the left or to the right before reaching the target depending on what mouse button was held down. The longer it is held down, the longer the range and the more spread between each shard as well as more shards being fired.
Damage scales with Spirit power.
Explained with pictures below
Ability 3 second try.jpg

Witness attack slow gif.gif Imagine this (again) but they're curving.

Ability 4: Final Carving Duration : 10 seconds Cooldown: 120 seconds

Pushed into a corner, the witness finally graces you with its full indulgence, revealing to you, and your infinitesimal teammates what an entire race's determination offers in the face of failure. The witness ascends and recedes into a cloud of smoke up in the air, becoming invulnerable for the duration of the ultimate. The camera pans back to give a higher view of the battlefield, your 3 abilities are replaced by Unfettered clutch, Resounding Mnemonic resonance and Centripetal Pandemonic Impetus for the rest of the ultimate's duration or until you use 3 abilities. Using an ability causes the other 2 abilities to be put on a 1 second cooldown and the one used to be put on a 3 second cooldown.
Scales with spirit power.

Entropy.gif "cloud of smoke? how lousy" IS IT?

Ability 1 (Final Carving) Unfettered Clutch:

The witness reaches from the smoke cloud with a large arm and slams down on an area, knocking away every enemy hit.

Ability 2 (Final Carving) Resounding Mnemonic resonance:

The witness calls for a large hand to rise out of the ground, it divides itself into four parts and shoots Ability 2's laser in 4 directions in a cross formation, with 2 additional rows of lasers, one on top and one below (in case of elevated terrain and/or units slightly off the floor).

Ability 3 (Final Carving) Centripetal Pandemonic Impetus:

The witness reaches out of the cloud with a large hand, that bends and contorts, firing a laser that travels forward, dealing massive dmg.

Ability 4 3.gif Animation by Nate Thomas

To help you visualize the ult better :
Abilities 4 pre use.jpg
Abilites 4 beign used.jpg

Aghanim's upgrade (for when they eventually add one):

Upgrades Final carving. The witness no longer recedes into a cloud of smoke, instead, they reveals their true from, growing massively and gaining 80% dmg reduction.
Final carving now lasts 30 seconds and the witness can now cast 10 abilities instead of 3.

And if you were wondering what they'd look like...

Real form witness.gif

Ok but they can't ACTUALLY be the Witness:
I'm not too good with lore stuff, so I guess if I HAD to give it some, I'd say he could be an angel? or some sort angelic being. I mean, we've already got demons, so angels would make sense, and it'd fit with some the character's philosophy of being REALLY powerful and restrained.

Closing thoughts: Sooooo, what do you think? Any questions/criticism you wanna throw my way? If not, thanks for reading all they way through (I know you skipped some stuff, but it's okay, I do too).

Previous Builds:

Hero Concept : Batman/Vigilante type character :

Last edited:
Back