Hero-based MMR significantly increased queue times

After the hero-based MMR patch, both my personal experience and all my friends / folks in game / people in discord have been complaining about drastically increased queue times. I'm probably 50th percentile in skill if I had to guess (so I should have the shortest queues), and my queue times have gone from 2-10s to 5-8 minutes at the same time of day.

There might be some bug here that's resulting in this that was introduced by the hero-based MMR change.

The playerbase hasn't shrunk that quickly. I've played >100 matches before the mmr patch and 10+ after, and the queue times are night and day. There's definitely something else going on.

I’ve noticed sometimes that canceling and rejoining the queue instantly finds me a match. Could be a placebo, or it’s possible that something is causing the queue to hang.

I’ve noticed sometimes that canceling and rejoining the queue instantly finds me a match. Could be a placebo, or it’s possible that something is causing the queue to hang.
This is working for me too. I would assume there's a bug or some shenanigans causing long queue times. If you find yourself in that position then queuing again does seem to help out.

The playerbase hasn't shrunk that quickly. I've played >100 matches before the mmr patch and 10+ after, and the queue times are night and day. There's definitely something else going on.
Not that we've shrunk or anything. We're averaging about 2k players at a time and have been for a couple weeks. Most matchmade games (dota, cs, league, overwatch, etc) have 10s if not 100s of thousands of players. Per hero MMR likely broke the playerbase in to more MMR tiers that cant be mixed.

Back