Game crashes when updating in background

unsoldier

Playing on openSUSE Tumbleweed.

Sometimes when a new update is released, if I'm in a match the game will crash (freeze) as soon as the update is finished downloading. I will restart Steam and be forced to update the game, then I can't rejoin the match because of the version mismatch. This results in a ban. I have been banned twice for this.

It just happened again, but somehow I was able to rejoin the match just before it ended so I didn't get a ban, but I did get stuck in the low priority queue. Even though I rejoined, I still got put in low priority queue and when I try to join a match I find I got t a 2 hour ban.

I have Steam set to not auto-update Deadlock (only update when launched) and not do background downloads, but it still keeps doing this to me, downloading the update and crashing the game when it's finished. I'm sure I don't have to say how much it sucks to crash, lose the match, AND get a ban because the game is not updating properly and/or Steam is not honoring the settings I've selected to not update while I'm playing.

Latest match ID where this just happened a few minutes ago: 16135803

I was Haze.

Last edited:
Back