Game crashes constantly (even in sandbox mode) after Sep 29 update. Dump files have AccessViolation in title

tigerhix

Title. I have a i9-13980HX + NVIDIA RTX 4090 Laptop GPU. Since this Monday, the game started to crash constantly - sometimes back to desktop, sometimes crashing the entire PC (screens turn black, have to force power off). Before a crash happened, there was always an obvious framerate drop - doing nothing after the framerate drop would not prevent the game from crashing eventually. This happens in both normal matches and sandbox mode.

All dump files have "accessviolation" in the title. I have attached a few of them. The game crashed 4 times within half an hour.

I have tried:
- Upgrading my GPU drivers
- Reinstalling
- Adjusting different resolution, graphic settings, capping max FPS, etc.
- Running project8.exe as administrator and in Windows 8 compatibility mode

Just when I was writing this post, my game crashed again, this time bringing down my entire PC and giving me a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD after immediate restart. However, I just ran Windows Memory Diagnostics and there were no memory errors. I am so confused right now.

The PC has had no major OS updates, no new software installed the past few days, so it really seems like Deadlock's issue, but I'm perplexed that not a lot of people seems to have reported similar issues in the past few days.

Please let me know how I can help investigate this situation, as I would love to play the game normally without crashing every a few minutes. I already played 80 hours in the past 2 weeks, had a very good time, and never crashed once until this Monday. Thanks!

Attachments

Update:

For some reason, turning off all postprocessing effects and setting every option to low fixed the issue...? (I thought I already did this but apparently not) I will see if I can isolate the exact option that has been causing the crashes

Back