Dear Valve Support Team, i have a problem.

sergeistorm1980

Dear Valve Support Team,

I apologize for any mistakes in sentences, as I am using a translator.

Tonight I decided, as usual, to go into my favorite game Deadlock, as usual I watched a couple of games, then I decided to go into the match and found myself banned, specifically in the game mode (the other modes work like Sandbox).

My account is almost 10 years old, there have never been any blocks in other games. Valve games are 100% fair.

I can't understand why I got blocked.

I've invested a lot of time into community development (my Bebop build has over 2000+ likes). Is it possible to get unbanned?

I firmly believe that I got banned by mistake. And also my brother received his chain ban in the same way (this is an assumption).

I never even used bugs and exploits.

If I broke something, please tell me about it. I am ready to apologize for everything that might have happened. I always played fair. And I really want to continue to invest my energy in the development of this wonderful game.

My account https://steamcommunity.com/id/STRMXXX/
Brother account https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199201439329

I just got permanently banned aswell and I have no clue why? They haven't issued me any warnings or temporary bans at all, straight perma ban without any reason given.

I get the ban message only when I try to queue up.

It could be a wave of "false bans".

I think if you asked someone on steam forums about it and they friended you for only that purpose, that may be why, bc valve doesn't want everyone to play just yet they only want a small amount of people to playtest

I just got permanently banned aswell and I have no clue why? They haven't issued me any warnings or temporary bans at all, straight perma ban without any reason given.

I get the ban message only when I try to queue up.

It could be a wave of "false bans".

I also think there was just a mistake. And I hope that they will help solve this problem.

I think if you asked someone on steam forums about it and they friended you for only that purpose, that may be why, bc valve doesn't want everyone to play just yet they only want a small amount of people to playtest
I've been playing every day since I received the invite in early June. I have over 250 hours in the game.

I would like to share my thoughts regarding the recent ban of the topic creator. While I understand that there were concerns about possible toxicity, I believe it's important to note that the situation may not be as clear-cut as it seems.
There were no indications of any involvement with prohibited software, and I think emotions can sometimes lead to misunderstandings in heated discussions (my friend is genuinely remorseful and is eager to improve and learn from this experience).
I hope you can take this into consideration and reconsider the ban. Thank you for your attention.

I would like to express my regret that your account was banned, I watched numerous demos of your games, in every game you were on the first page with more than 8 viewers and every time, even when the situation seemed hopeless, you gave instructions to the team and moved forward to victory. the instructions, of course, were in rough form, but a constant ban at the initial stage of the game for toxic behavior personally seems strange to me; I believe that a ban for up to a month will be enough for the first time.

Last edited:
Dear Valve Support Team,

I apologize for any mistakes in sentences, as I am using a translator.

Tonight I decided, as usual, to go into my favorite game Deadlock, as usual I watched a couple of games, then I decided to go into the match and found myself banned, specifically in the game mode (the other modes work like Sandbox).

My account is almost 10 years old, there have never been any blocks in other games. Valve games are 100% fair.

I can't understand why I got blocked.

I've invested a lot of time into community development (my Bebop build has over 2000+ likes). Is it possible to get unbanned?

I firmly believe that I got banned by mistake. And also my brother received his chain ban in the same way (this is an assumption).

I never even used bugs and exploits.

If I broke something, please tell me about it. I am ready to apologize for everything that might have happened. I always played fair. And I really want to continue to invest my energy in the development of this wonderful game.

My account https://steamcommunity.com/id/STRMXXX/
Brother account https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199201439329

Your bother was (correctly) banned and it affected you. We will revert it on your account and address this going forward for non-cheat scenarios.

You were banned for bad behavior

Permanently banned without right of appeal? Without even a warning ahead? Or a temporary ban in the first place? This is Draconian but ok, if that's how you run things, I'm happy for you. If I were to ask you what was "so called" bad in my behaviour you couldn't even point it out. But of course you won't because it's pitiful to call my ban out on typing "gg ez" at the end of the games. You're better off telling people I've been reported 21/81 games for my bad behaviour.

Now you can go ahead and silence me again with a forum perma ban. I'm used to it already around here.

Permanently banned without right of appeal? Without even a warning ahead? Or a temporary ban in the first place? This is Draconian but ok, if that's how you run things, I'm happy for you. If I were to ask you what was "so called" bad in my behaviour you couldn't even point it out. But of course you won't because it's pitiful to call my ban out on typing "gg ez" at the end of the games. You're better off telling people I've been reported 21/81 games for my bad behaviour.

Now you can go ahead and silence me again with a forum perma ban. I'm used to it already around here.
"gg ez" is toxic though.... take the L and don't repeat it again, its not constructive.

I would like to express my regret that your account was banned, I watched numerous demos of your games, in every game you were on the first page with more than 8 viewers and every time, even when the situation seemed hopeless, you gave instructions to the team and moved forward to victory. the instructions, of course, were in rough form, but a constant ban at the initial stage of the game for toxic behavior personally seems strange to me; I believe that a ban for up to a month will be enough for the first time.

Nah. perma is fair.

If you're used to it then you've done worse than this before.... Also, you're proving the reason for their ban by responding this way..... So..... Yeah.....

Your bother was (correctly) banned and it affected you. We will revert it on your account and address this going forward for non-cheat scenarios.
Perhaps it should be a number of bad invites should restrict your invite capabilities?

If you're used to it then you've done worse than this before.... Also, you're proving the reason for their ban by responding this way..... So..... Yeah.....

Just to clear the misunderstanding above, I'm used to it in the sense that I've already got banned from Deadlock and Deadlock's Discord server. I'm not banned in any other games.

I'm sorry I'm not praising them for permanently banning me. (Guess I should?) If I was throwing death threats left and right I'd understand the ban and I wouldn't even be here wasting my time arguing. But to get a permanent ban just because I was typing "gg ez" at the end of the games I won is a way too severe penalty. If you can't see the distinction between death threats and typing "gg ez" at the end of a game and you approve of them both having the same penalty (perma ban), that's a 'you' problem. Is the same reason why stealing a candy from a shop and genocide are not both going to lead to life sentences, each crime has it's own punishment. I think it's plain common sense, I don't even know why I even have to explain that.

Also, if I were to get noticed about my "toxic" behaviour, I would've known it's punishable and I would've stopped (and so there wouldn't have been 21 reports in 81 games). And before starting arguing about this, I have the benefit of the doubt. That's why I still support my point of view about the fact that I should have been given a notice prior to the ban itself ("your conduct has to stop or else you'll be punished") and, of course, get a reasonable punishment (not a perma ban?).

So, me being mad about this is not justified? Also, what else is there to lose? I'm already permanently banned. :unsure:

If you find this draconian approach suitable for your toxic-free utopia, sure. You do you guys.

Back