Deadlock crashes my computer and corrupts my drivers.

akendallthomas

The past several times I have tried to play Deadlock, randomly while the game is open (both in-game, and even when the title screen is open in the background) my computer crashes. The crash takes the form of both my monitors going dark, and after a few seconds my computer stops responding to anything I do. When I manually turn the computer off and on again, my computer still acts buggy, often with the side monitor not working.

The only fix I have found for this is uninstalling my graphics card drivers with DDU and completely reinstalling them. This takes a long time and usually puts me severely behind if I was in-game.

As far as hardware is concerned, I have an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU and an AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE CPU. When in game, I find that my GPU utilization hovers around 75%, sometimes spiking to 100%, but the temperatures of my GPU and CPU don't go above 75C. I don't play many other graphically intense games, but I found no issues when testing my CPU and GPU with Cinebench. I've switched my graphics settings in-game to the lowest settings and am still experiencing these crashes.

Here is a match ID in which I had this happen to me twice, but it also happens even if just the title screen is open. MATCH 16493176

If any of you have also had this experience or know a fix please let me know! I love playing this game but having to reinstall the drivers all the time makes me wonder if I am doing any damage to my PC by playing. ;-;

Back