Black Screen when launching game

eternaL

I'm encountering a black screen when I boot up the game for the first time. The game is running on my main monitor, but the screen is black. I can hear the background music playing, and if I Alt-Tab out of the game I can see the game running in the background. I've attached screenshots and a video of the entire sequence. I verified the game files and the problem persists. After watching my recording my video capture IS showing the game as it should show but that is not what I'm seeing through the monitor. I went ahead and uninstalled the game and reinstalled and the issue is persisting. I then recorded this through my phone just to confirm I'm not crazy lol!

The first video is what my screen recording is capturing and the second video is my phone recording of it.

View attachment Untitled video - Made with Clipchamp (5).mp4

So a friend of mine had the same issue as well, but we managed to figure out a solution. I think the issue showed up due to a desktop resolution confliction so to fix it, my friend had to keep alt - tabbing to move the cursor to remove the "ok" message and get themselves into the settings to change the resolution to a lower resolution and that allowed them to get the game working. Setting a launch property to set a different resolution for the game didn't work so the only way to fix it was through the alt - tab method.

I am also having this issue. My game appeared to boot up the first time but then crashed. Now every time I boot up the game I am getting black screens with working cursors. Everytime I click it crashes the window. I have heard this is a resolution issue or an issue with Windows 11, I'm not sure.

Do you have multiple monitors? Are you all on Windows 11? Should be looking for similarities between systems to determine a common cause

I am also having this issue. My game appeared to boot up the first time but then crashed. Now every time I boot up the game I am getting black screens with working cursors. Everytime I click it crashes the window. I have heard this is a resolution issue or an issue with Windows 11, I'm not sure.
Do you have multiple monitors? Are you all on Windows 11? Should be looking for similarities between systems to determine a common cause
This is fixed now, and I think it is entirely a resolution issue. In my case I was using a 1920 display and forced the resolution to change to 1176, it then booted.
I could then revert the resolution back to 1920 in the settings - so I think it's purely a launch problem. I know others have encountered this.

Aha, follow up. Closing the game and then opening it again causes the same problem. Even though I got the game to work fine I now cannot do the same thing again, even by fiddling with the resolution. I will keep looking into this.

Launch Options remain active for this game even if you try to undo them, not really a bug because this happens with a lot of games. I had to delete various cfg folders and verify the itegrity to get it to boot up again.
I would suggest doing this if you're having this issue, rather than uninstall and reinstall or restarting your computer, it might work.

Hi guys, another way to get in the game without having to change the resolution is by hovering over the icon in your toolbar, then hover over the smaller screen, right click and then click in the middle of your screen. This is how I get in the game even though I black screen.1723982129827.png

Back