Black screen crash

agx666v2a

It happens randomly when playing Deadlock, after a random period of time (but within 10 minutes) the screen will go black, I can't alt-tab, my computer becomes unresponsive and I have to hard reset. Everything is updated software wise, and no other game causes this to happen. I can't even complete a bot match without the crash happening.

Is this happening to anyone else? 3090ti, 5950x, 64g ram, liquid cooled. No heat problems.

Yes, this happened to me tonight during my first game. It happened as I was pressing the first set of enemy towers on the city map. I killed a few of the creeps and then crashed.

I have crashed three times in this same way, at first I thought my cpu might be overheating, but no, it's only with this game, sound stays on loop while everything is unresponsive.
3070, ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gb ram. No liquid cooling, I have bought some extra case fans and new thermal paste just in case, but from the sounds of it it's not my cpu.

Yeah I get this bug too. Only happens in deadlock. Can hear audio on my PC and even move/shoot with my character. Almost like it’s crashing my graphics drivers. Not sure if there’s any logs because it’s not really a “crash”. The game keeps running until I reset my PC via power button.

Happens like once every 10 games. Just full black screen on both monitors.

Same specs as above.

ryzen 7 3700x
For some reason, I often come across threads with AMD processors. Unfortunately, apparently the game doesn't get along well with them.
Try switching to vulkan (-vulkan) or vice versa (-dx11)

Bumping because it's happening here still with R7 5800X3D, 3060ti, and 16gb RAM.
The game will rarely in the middle of a match shut off both of my screens and they'll refuse to turn back on until I hard reset my computer.
It's not a hardware failure issue as this has never happened outside of deadlock.

Bumping because it's happening here still with R7 5800X3D, 3060ti, and 16gb RAM.
The game will rarely in the middle of a match shut off both of my screens and they'll refuse to turn back on until I hard reset my computer.
It's not a hardware failure issue as this has never happened outside of deadlock.
I tried putting -autoconfigure in the launch options as well as updating my graphics drivers again and haven’t had the issue since. But I haven’t had as much time to play in the last week or so.

I tried putting -autoconfigure in the launch options as well as updating my graphics drivers again and haven’t had the issue since. But I haven’t had as much time to play in the last week or so.
That could be it.
My current driver version is 536.67 and the newest is 560.70. Will be updating my drivers soon to test.

That could be it.
My current driver version is 536.67 and the newest is 560.70. Will be updating my drivers soon to test.
Unfortunately it didn’t work. I crashed twice last night. I’ll be messing around with different launch options and reposting if anything works for me.

Bumping again because it happened again after updating my Nvidia drivers and running the game in Vulkan instead of DX11.
Had to speedrun rebooting my entire computer so I didn't abandon the match I was in.

Last edited:
I've had it happen where the screen would turn black for a few seconds multiple times per game but turning off full screen focus behavior fixed it. I had a friend with the same issue and it worked for him as well.

Having the same issue. Ryzen 5 5600x & GTX 3070. All 3 monitors turn off. I have tried undervolting my GPU thinking that it was overheating but the temps are normal. This seems to exclusively happen while I'm in base. the first few times it happened i wasn't paying attention to the pattern but the past ~6ish times it occurred was shortly after I arrived at base or re-spawned. I have to restart my PC in order to fix it. I came here to make this post as well. Im not sure if i should create a new post as well

*Update, Crashed in a location that was not the base

Last edited:
This sounds EXACTLY like what is happening to me, but its super inconsistent.

Ryzen 9 5900x, and a 3090. I was on like 530 for nvidia drivers too, so I guess Ill try that despite it not seeming to help. I thought it was my CPU undervolt at first, because its per core and needs to be tuned over time, though I hadnt had a crash in like a month, (raising the voltage slightly after). I completely turned off my per core undervolt, and it seemed to go away...

I THOUGHT until I played tonight and crashed 3 times in a row instantly, full pc crash to reboot. one black screen (of which I had 2 before in like my first games playing). And then two half second flashes of BSOD which instantly failed (error code 41 kernel power) just before a "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error. I really cant see it being hardware purely, the CPU is basically brand new due to RMA, and has been fine. I dont crash in other games hardly at all.

I crashed trying to melee twice, and the third time, the game lagged to a standstill and quickly blackscreened. Its super weird that I literally played for 15 something hours without a SINGLE crash after turning off my undervolt, only for it to start doing the exact same thing, with LITERALLY NOTHING CHANGING.

This sounds EXACTLY like what is happening to me, but its super inconsistent.

I had the same problem I could play for hours and then freeze>blackscreen>bsod half second>reboot with no dump files, then after the update it became more consistent in the sense i was crashing as soon as entering sandbox or spectate a match, that at least gave me something consistent to work with, i noticed that lowering all settings to lowest possible prevented the crash, then i lowered them just a bit (medium with FSR2 native) and created a more conservative profile on the fly for my GPU[3080] (undervolted more + underclocked aswell), has never happened again since.

Before this I stress tested the system (furmark, OCCT) just to be sure it was stable and it was a problem related only to the game, and it was.
Hope this can help it may be worth a try, GL.

and created a more conservative profile on the fly for my GPU[3080] (undervolted more + underclocked aswell), has never happened again since.
a good idea to test without any OCs at all, but thats interesting. I dont have an OC on my 3090 and in my case turning off the undervolt on the 5900x just made me THINK it was fine, because it happened again (3 times in a row) 15 hours later with no other changes. Im just saying the fact that it hasnt happened since doesnt mean much when it can potentially go DOZENS of hours while seemingly being fine.

I hope we get some sort of dev response on this, Im actually a little wary to play now, constant hard crashing like that isnt good for hardware or software. Id rather not have my windows install get corrupted lol.

May be useful to know that the same issue happened to me during the Mecha Break playtest, where after a similar amount of time playing that game my screens went dark and I had to hard restart my computer.
It's not exclusively a deadlock issue, but other similarly or more demanding games don't have it.

Back