About the kill sound effect

Not sure if this is the right place to post it

I think the sound effect of killing creeps in the game is not satisfying enough, the sound effect is often ignored, I think we should add the sound of dropping gold coins for the sound effect of killing creeps, similar to the sound of dropping gold coins in dota2,Or a crisp recognisable kill sound like Battlefield 1

Similarly, the sound of killing an enemy hero should be addictive,The kill sound effects now are a bit like watching an old horror film(I wonder if it's the backstory style)

:D

I agree with that. Maybe this is already in their to-do list and simply hasn't been added yet.
In case it isn't however, it most certainly should!
Currently there is very little feedback for when you kill a creep/npc/player, and even less in terms of satisfying feedback, like the gold sfx from last hitting creeps in dota, like mentioned on op's post.

Reactions: 980
More feedback when it comes to killing anything in the game is a must; it feels much more rewarding! Honestly, in my opinion, that is something most games that are in early access typically have a problem with: death or elimination sound effects. It is most definitely something they are going to be working on.

Reactions: 980
The sound when killing creeps in dota 2 is really good, hopefully in Deadlock they will add something similar. Farming should be fun, not boring.

I suggested to in the private discussions for a ‘deny’ sound effect to be distinct from the soul orb collection sound as it is difficult to tell who got the orb sometimes. Especially if I look away.

I actually think the current sound design of the game is pretty good. There is clear definition in sound cues when it comes to "a creep dieing", "a creep last hit" and "a soul last hit". I wouldn't consider changing those for now. Even landing bodyshots or headshots has different sound effects which I quite like. Maybe the headshot sound effect could use a little *oompf* to it, increasing definition, but even like as is should work fine.

Furthermore, a "coins" sound effect, similar to Dota2, wouldn't work in the context of Deadlock, since the resource isn't gold, but instead its Souls.

I actually think the current sound design of the game is pretty good. There is clear definition in sound cues when it comes to "a creep dieing", "a creep last hit" and "a soul last hit". I wouldn't consider changing those for now. Even landing bodyshots or headshots has different sound effects which I quite like. Maybe the headshot sound effect could use a little *oompf* to it, increasing definition, but even like as is should work fine.

Furthermore, a "coins" sound effect, similar to Dota2, wouldn't work in the context of Deadlock, since the resource isn't gold, but instead its Souls.
I must be dumb because I truthfully thought there was no separate sound cue for soul hit and denied hit. Maybe I am too used to the dota sounds

Yes, there is different sound effect if you let the soul *pop* on its own vs when you last it hit prematurely.

In the old source mod Dystopia, there was a little blip sound every time your shots were landing on enemy players, I think it would be nice to see that here. They could even differentiate the blip hit-sounds between body-shots and head-shots for the sake of audio feed-back/dopamine. They could go even further and add it to minions/watchers etc.

Back