A berserker character that toggles between melee and ranged

sepiida

ability 1 -Toggle between a long range weapon and melee weapon

dealing damage with the pistol builds up movement speed and dealing damage with the melee builds up more weapon damage. dealing damage with one or the other will refresh both stacks. essentially before a fight starts you shoot with your pistol so that you fair a better chance at getting kited against mid fight, and once youre in your melee form thats where you focus on doing big damage.

ability 2 - slams the ground knocking up enemies in a radius around the target, the idea is that once youve built up your movement speed you get into the middle of the fight and then knockup people disorienting them and allowing you to go ham with your melee. i think it should have around the same airtime as a dynamo knockup

ability 3 - hardened shell/block - channel where you can no longer attack but you get a reduction to slows and 50% bullet 50% spirit resist. im thinking it could be charge based so that you can use it and cancel it multiple times in a fight to outplay large amounts of burst which would otherwise be a glaring weakness to this characters ramping power gimmick.

ability 4 - i think this is the weakest part of the kit but is all i can come up with, you go invisible for 4 seconds upon cancelling (through shooting/using ability) you release a movement slow in a medium sized area for 4 seconds.

for an example of a combo, shoot like 10 times to get the move speed stacks, ult in, use your slam and then melee them, if you're taking heavy damage you can use your 3 and either attempt to escape or use it to soak up damage so that your team can kill them.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

strengths:
+ if played correctly, can be hard to take down and is hard to run away from

+can fill the role of a tank or someone that accompanies the tank after they engage in a teamfight

+has a way to deal with heavy poke in lane with their blocking ability

weaknesses:

-if this character gets stunned hes dead as he can no longer block and will have a hard time maintaining stacks - will be dependent on vitality (unstoppable/debuff remover/lifesteal) items in order to perform in the carry role, similar to Abrams

-if ult is used to engage then there's no real escape on this character aside from items as they need to attack to maintain the movespeed stack

-mistiming block will give cues to the enemy team to pop their burst on you and clap you

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

character concepts:

i like the idea of this druid dude that was living in the woods and then got captured cause a couple of new york cronies wanted to put him in the NYC zoo or some shit, some magic fuckery gives him the power to get out and hes mad as hell and wants to destroy new york because of what happened to him

also just as a side note that i think would be pretty cool:

glows blue if he has max speed stacks

glows red if he has max damage stacks

glows purple if he has max of both

Last edited:
Back