Witch Doctor with gun and Capri Sun

I love your ultimate. Especially if you combine it with Tesla Bullets and Richochet. I think allies being able to shoot it should be a tier 3 upgrade. Good work.

Blood Spear is brilliant. Charge time that gives you X-Ray vision and operates like Windrunner's Shackleshot. Regardless of the rest of the kit, this ability is really strong.

I quite like Maledict, though. This is a nice bit of follow-up. The most dissonant thing about this kit is that it's not possible to follow-up on targets hit through a wall. A couple of things are happening in my mind as a designer: I want to see an ability that allows you to create a portal through a wall, so that you can effectively catch enemies hiding behind walls, while also giving your allies target access to them. Maledict looks like a portal--but it's fundamentally a finisher ability. There are a lot of ways that this ability could go, and it's fine as it is (and the character doesn't necessarily rely on attacking targets through a wall), but instead of making Maledict a follow-up, I think I would change its name and instead make it cut a portal through structures instead of dealing additional damage based on how much damage a target has recently taken.

Paralyzing Cask is an ability that I think needs more of an identity in the kit.

Death Ward is interesting, but mechanically I think that it is kind of weird that it incentivizes players to turn away from whatever they were looking at to shoot the death ward instead of targeting their enemies. I don't know how compelling of a gameplay device that actually is. I like that the ward counts as an obstruction. At the very least, I think there should be counterplay in making this destructible.

Capri Sun is a great touch.

Last edited:
Hey! I was inspired by your idea and incorporated that into a design I'd been working on!

[Hero Concept] Temperance, Access targets and set up team fights. (Artwork)

Also, I encountered this concept, which mentions a Richochet Coin from Ultrakill, that I thought was really cool--and it got me to thinking about how much improved the design for Death Ward would be if you could position it anywhere in space, and if it were a non-ultimate ability with a low enough cooldown to use to harass from around corners and over obstacles.

Hey! I was inspired by your idea and incorporated that into a design I'd been working on!

[Hero Concept] Temperance, Access targets and set up team fights. (Artwork)

Also, I encountered this concept, which mentions a Richochet Coin from Ultrakill, that I thought was really cool--and it got me to thinking about how much improved the design for Death Ward would be if you could position it anywhere in space, and if it were a non-ultimate ability with a low enough cooldown to use to harass from around corners and over obstacles.
Hey cool hero! not sure about that free money aura though haha. The ult sounds like it'd be visually appealing
could be funny if death ward was just a floating death orb, but you'd probably have to target like Dynamo's 2 so it could only be on the air at max range or it'd be too convoluted to place.

Back