Weapon o' Plenty - Introducing ability swaps!

Have you ever wanted to have even more choices available in a game with literal shop full of items? Well you see the right post for this!

Hello there! I am Rumpiel, i am probably a nobody for you, but i'll just spill the beans that i am a fan of hero shooters, for quite a long while in fact, Team Fortress 2, another valve game i with which i quite grown up that has formed what i think a game with multiple choice of characters should look like, multiple characters, multiple guns, multiple strategies etc. etc.

And so with this I want you to read out what i have in mind!

how am I going to stop some mean mother Hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new be-hind? The answer: USE MORE ABILITIES
TF2 is no stranger to giving us tools to play our characters how do we want, and while yes, we have a shop in deadlock, the character plays out almost entirely always the same due to limitations of the kit, well i say NO MORE, give us an option in the shop, a new segment where we can "buy" new abilities for each character however forcing you to swap out existing one in your kit, these wouldn't cost souls, just require some soul tresholds reached

for example - imagine if Lash instead of life stealing whip on his 3rd ability, he had ability that slows enemy down and provides damage multiplayer on melee and stomps? doesn't sound good enough? throw in gaining permament health on each tied and stomped afterwards enemy!

this spices up the gameplay immensely, especially if you favor some heroes more than others and would prefer to keep playing them than play other characters, it also makes balancing manageable because if suddenly one ability is op, while the devs rebalance it, they can just spike up the soul treshold requirement while it's in over the top state

Hope you enjoyed the post and do look forward on some next ideas, i'll release one pretty soon after this post because i have one more cool idea!

It's an interesting idea. I think the idea of characters having multiple possible weapons is probably a more practical idea--it's a lot of work to try to come up with tons of abilities for every single character. With weapons, there'd be the possibility that those weapons can be shared. Neat idea.

Back