watching friend's matches through 'watch matches' screen still not working as expected

ktiltz

It is improved, as before I could not view friend matches at all. But it still does not show all friends who are in matches. I am able to see them playing deadlock through steam friend list, but they still dont show up friend ticking the 'friends only' checkbox.

EDIT: if i go through steam friend list -> right click name -> watch game. it just opens the broadcast ui from steam and shows offline. i am also using the latest steam client as of this post

Last edited:
update: wanted to give extra data regarding this issue since originally i thought the issue might have been specific to certain friends not showing up on the watch page. but i was surprised to be able to see the friend's match show up on the watch screen after ticking the 'friends only' checkbox. after we took a break, i tried viewing a different match of that same friend, but it did not show up on the watch page.

Going thru watch game on steam friend list still only opening offline broadcast ui

Back