Very large FPS loss after update 10/10/2024

zeekay0work0

FPS became unplayable after the update, both for me and for others. According to the computer's characteristics, everything is fine and the game before the update showed 140+ fps.
Now it's 45 fps and no more. I don’t think this is a problem with my computer, because I’m not the only one who has encountered this. I hope there will be a fix, but if not, then the deadlock turns into a regular dump like CS2.

i did some testing and there seems like fps depends on what character you playing in sandbox
viscous, pocket, wraith 220 fps
haze, infernus, warden, abrams and others120 fps
geist 90 fps

Hmmm... Is it correlate to the amount of public guide they all have?

Like.. geist dropping fps because the amount of public guide in the shop is overwhelming?

After the last update, the FPS in the game decreased by half. The video card was loaded at 100 percent. Now in the game it is set to 40. If you increase the graphics settings, the load also increases, but the FPS is exactly the same. Previously, at low settings, the video card worked at 100 percent and produced 420 fps, now this value is 220

I know right, the gpu is trying soo hard to work on the 3d model of the game it used 100% all the time, i dont particulary see something special about this game graphic yet it used everything, whats going on here.

I'd assume it's just the same bug kept from mirage update.
If yes, then please, people that lag, go to your task manager, open to the details tab, right click any column title and then "select columns" menu. There choose dedicated gpu memory. Then sort by it and check what's in the top 5. If you'll see explorer.exe using a disgusting amount of vram, relaunch it and tell us about it in the comments. Because so far, that vram leak is what was lagging my pc.
allthings.png
allthings.png
allthings.png

If yes, then please, people that lag, go to your task manager, open to the details tab, right click any column title and then "select columns" menu. There choose dedicated gpu memory. Then sort by it and check what's in the top 5. If you'll see explorer.exe using a disgusting amount of vram, relaunch it and tell us about it in the comments. Because so far, that vram leak is what was lagging my pc.
allthings.png
allthings.png
allthings.png

Yeah, fps big drop is noticable from mirage update for me, especially when opening shop near base(even in the T1 Guardian shop also dropping fps, not severe but noticable)

Funny thing is, my dedicated gpu memory is always full while my v-ram isnt even used at all

allthings.png
allthings.png
allthings.png
Nope, no memory leaks at my end. Fps tanked from 144 to 35 in sandbox
RTX 3080 i5 12400
Latest Nvidia drivers released in October.

Last edited:
I can notice the same issue, played 160fps locked. After the patch, ingame after ~10 Minutens it drops to 80-90fps. This is unplayable right now for me.

Issue persists; and despite all solutions available to the problem, I have found that it isn't taxing my hardware at all. Where I used to run the game at 240FPS now it's "stable" 4. Absolutely unplayable. Every time I enter the sandbox and go into the area with dummies it drops.

Noticed how it chugs the CPU and a lot of it is related to sounds playing, though that can be also me misreading the logs in the console. The orange text is the only thing that accompanies the huge spike in 'server' CPU usage (See the screenshots below). On my end, the CPU doesn't quite register the bump at all when checking it in task manager.

I've not been able to figure out how to fix it on my end.

Graphic settings do not affect the frame rate at all, but I find it irrelevant as the game was running in 240FPS before the update. The newest 10-11-2024 update didn't address this issue.

image_2024-10-12_095641212.pngimage_2024-10-12_100042094.png

Has there been any acknowledgement of this issue from the dev team? Game has become almost unplayable since being affected by this, and haven't seen any sort of response from the Dev team in any other forum or discord posts.

Solved mine after realising it was after updating the Nvidia Drivers with Afterburner running. It messed up my max power draw. Setting my Power Limit to 100 again solved the issue.

Just so you know you should expect fps drops from time to time during the test until release as they add new features and such that could indirectly affect performance.

Back