This game kills my gpu

B3zzkha

I am running my very old gtx 970 here and yes i need new. I need new pc overall.

But i have put over 84 hours in this game and have never had problems.
Few spikes here and there, nothing i am not use to by now.

But this night, i was playing, enemy team pauses and when unpace my game went nutz and had 0.00000001 fps.
I forcequit the game and joins again. No problem.
After few minutes ( dont know exact ) My pc shutdown like the power went out. I couldn't get my pc to start again...

This sceard the shit out of me, is it dead? has the time come?

Testing the pcu, it work.
Testing without gpu, it work.
Dont tell me, the gpu is dead... Puts it in and pc work normal.
Okay wth was the problem?
Start the game, sitting in menu, no problem. Okay lets game. Match starts and as soon as i started shooting. The moment i left click, my screen gones black and i had to force restart pc. Nothing happens, switch over to cpu graphic and it work. Look for my gpu, its not there. Looks inside pc, fans spinning on gpu. Wth? okay.

Restart pc, gets gpu to work again. Okay?

Testing other games, gpu works fine, game dont crash and works as intended.

This lead to that deadlock, this game, kills my gpu.

I have no money nor mental health to lose my pc as im going through hell right now.

Please, look into this.

B3zzkha

I have an RTX 3080.

During the last large patch i did get a hard system shutdown almost identical to this mid match. I don't get shutdowns like that on any other games and i have hundreds of hours of deadlock without this type of crash.

Typically a hard shutdown with a refusal to reboot tends to be thermal throttling or another hardware issue specific to your device. I would be surprised if deadlock was a culprit in any other way than simply being very graphically demanding.

I don't think its deadlock, probably just a per-system configuration issue that extreme GPU load might be triggering.

I have an RTX 3080.

During the last large patch i did get a hard system shutdown almost identical to this mid match. I don't get shutdowns like that on any other games and i have hundreds of hours of deadlock without this type of crash.

Typically a hard shutdown with a refusal to reboot tends to be thermal throttling or another hardware issue specific to your device. I would be surprised if deadlock was a culprit in any other way than simply being very graphically demanding.

I don't think its deadlock, probably just a per-system configuration issue that extreme GPU load might be triggering.
Other games i play use 100% and has never hardcrash my pc like this. EVER.
My gpu even smell like something burned. THAT has def not happen, even in high demanding games that i can barely run in lowest settings.

I smell like same problem a other game had where it tries to use more than 100% of you gpu. Even if you have the newest gpu.

Caping the fps made the game run smoothly, not even a spike.

Defauly fps cap should be 120, not 240. Even better, have default at 60. That way people wont have they gpu litterly burning

Back