[Support class] 'Decoy' character - Prism [+ concept art / sketch ]

Domineeriv

I was toying ideas of what style character could fit into the game, and I got the idea of a "support"-ish character. The character would be that it's a "Prism" / "Chroma", but I personally like the name "Prism" better as it's a nod to how prisms work, and the entire idea of the character is basically a play on the idea of light and perception in all forms. While I'm not good at drawing or hashing out the very spesific details, I sketched something real quick with my mouse (I've packed away my drawing pad due to moving), and I hope it explains it somewhat. I also sort of wrote down what I had in mind:

Character design
The character would be a robot, physically appearing to be in their 30's if converted to human years based on their outfit and mannerisms. The character would either be made of a metallic, shiny-appearing material (Chroma) or made with a rough form of light blue seaglass (Prism), where if you look real close at her model, you can faintly see the exoskeleton inside her. I will continue describing the character as if it was made of glass, but pretty much just replace anything glass with metal if otherwise.

The character's outfit is this navy blue/dull dark blue captain's outfit (ish): a vest with golden details, mid thigh-lenght skirt, a long penguin coat down to her shins, suit shirt with golden bowtie, and a hat. In the hat there's some glass shards, most likely from her previous repairs. She would carry around clock made of crystal (see full body sketch, clock around mid-way) while she carries on her other side she a full-sized umbrella (not drawn). Despite being a robot, she has short, white "hair" that's made out of crystal. I'm horrible at drawing legs so I skipped this, but I wanted the legs to be running blades made out of crystal; similar to the rest of her.

The character's walking style would be this very cat-like walking/running style; essentially when she walks, it reminds you of a cat. Most of the movements are done with elegance and grace, as if they were a ballerina of sorts; with extreme precision. If there is an "idle" animation, she would pull out a pendulum made out of crystal to play with it. The character would be... appearing very "well mannered" so to speak.

The character would have a crystal magic ball ("orb of sunshine") in one of her hands, and when she shoots she would basically "flick" at the ball so it fires a small star-like/sun-beam like projectile. When reloading, the character channels more energy into the ball with both hands. Character would be close-to short-mid-range at best.

Conceptart-Prism.png

Character abilities

Ability 1: Moonlight
Flashes a wave of light in the shape of a crescent moon that causes temporary blindnes to minions, which causes them to miss their shots. Short range. This is visualized to other players by having "stars" drip down from the enemy.

> Fully upgraded ability can hit enemies at very close (melee-ish) range, which causes a very short "blindness" where they can't use abilities.

Ability 2: Umbrella
The character throws their umbrella at a nearby friendly, blocking their next incoming spirit damage (up to X damage). Basically a small spirit shield.

> Fully upgraded ability grants Prism boosts to her health when she blocks spirit damage.

Ability 3: Passive - Sun damage
Using any ability or the orb of sunshine will cause passive spirit damage to the characters. (Similar to many other characters already existing - can be changed to something better)

> Fully upgraded ability may grant a small percentage of the spirit damage to a health boost for the nearest friendly.

Ability 4 (ultimate): Prism!
The ultimate of Prism would be to become a prism and "escape the heat". For an observer, the character would stretch both her hands straight up in the air and get a beam of light right into her, which is her "channeling the ultimate". When she's done channeling the beam, a fast "smoke bomb" with glass chards goes off. When the smoke clears out, there would be decoys of her dancing ballet, line dancing, or doing some other "decoy" stuff; these decoys can be targeted by minions, in which case they can take up to 2 hits from the minions before shattering, and these decoys would slowly be changing colors across the spectrum of the rainbow.

From the players perspective, the beam would function like an invisible grappling hook, making the character invisible and pulling the character towards the closest availible line for 3 seconds (can be cancelled mid-way) to get away from the heat. If the character touches an availible line, the ultimate is cancelled and they are automatically attached to the line. The character would also be changing colors the same way their decoys are changing colors, for around 15 seconds. This gives the player an "exit" from a bad spot. This ability has a very long cooldown.

> Fully upraded ability also makes prisms of nearby friendlies in a small radius. However, the beam is channeled on them slower so they can cancel the pull if they don't want to go. In this case.

Closing remarks

I honestly just thought the idea would be cool, or just the outfit would be cool. I had fun writing this.

Last edited:
Back