Steam Deck glyphs persist while outside the gaming mode and a keyboard is connected

prfl

20240529001809_1.jpgWhat it says in the subject, in other Valve games that have similar functionality you usually can get rid of this by adding -nogamepadui to the launch parameters, in Deadlock this does remove Steam Deck glyphs but keyboard bindings do not show up.20240528232727_1.jpg
You also cannot rebind keyboard hotkeys as clicking the button in settings always will open steam input menu regardless of input method.

Ran into this yesterday playing the game for the first time. I use a non-qwerty keyboard layout (Workman) so I have to rebind keys in any game I play (I also prefer ESDF type layout to WASD and my keyboard is split with backspace on the left and space on the right, so I need to bind jump to backspace usually), and I primarily play my Deck docked, so this was rather nasty to run into right off the bat. The only thing I could think of was to undock the Deck and play handheld. I do often play games with a separate controller while docked, but when I saw in the controls that even the back grip buttons were used, I knew I didn't have any external controllers with enough inputs. Hopefully this can be fixed so I can get a better feel for the game. I didn't know about -nogamepadui also, so that's neat. I played like 2/3 of the tutorial sections but it was kinda hard to get into playing in such an unfamiliar way. I was pleasantly surprised to see gyro enabled by default as I've played a lot of Splatoon, but the way it works here with needing your thumb to be on the stick and only being on sometimes felt a bit weird, and it felt slow to turn around. Maybe just need to tweak my settings. Official Flick Stick support would be awesome. But I'm getting off-topic now...

Back