Spirit Items with Stat Tradeoffs

Thb7554

I'd like to see spirit items where you can increase one of your ability stats (Duration, Cooldown, Range) at the cost of another. Not only because I like being able to push the bounds of what an ability can do but also because I think the risk reward would be interesting to build around. Having an item which could positively affect one ability and negatively affect another forces you to consider how much of your effective kit you are willing to sacrifice in order to push one to its limit.

I believe that these kinds of items would make a player think about their own playstyle. One player using Seven might see a tankier team and opt to lose range in order to gain duration on their storm cloud, while another player believes having more range will allow them to play safer and doesnt care as much about the duration.

Rainbow-Colored Transistor Display - 3,000 cost Spirit item
+200 Bonus Health
+5 Spirit Power
PASSIVE
Upon hitting an enemy hero with Spirit damage, reduce the damage by half, and make the half of the damage reduced tick for separate damage instances, three times per second, for three seconds.

What does it do? Well, it's really hard to describe "Reduce the damage, make that half you reduced into basically a spirit bleed ability, now divide that by 9 and now tick that new damage number once every one-third second for 3 seconds, effectively splitting a single chunk of spirit damage over 3 seconds" in a concise AND understandable way.

Why does it matter? Well, think of Escalating Exposure. Spirit amplification per instance of spirit damage. This turns one damage instance into 10, meaning units like Grey Talon who normally couldn't use EE due to the fact that none of his abilities tick several spirit damage instances quickly enough, now can.

How is it unique? Well, it doesn't change the damage output you produce at all, but changes how it is applied, meaning certain buffs or debuffs will either activate multiple times or be weaker therefore, meaning it allows greater diversity in builds.

Dunno, I kinda just wanna use EE on Grey Talon effectively lol

Back